Clip in one track keeps Retriggering when I double click another Track Header

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
user010101

Clip in one track keeps Retriggering when I double click another Track Header

Post by user010101 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:11 pm

When I am moving around to view the details of different tracks (by clicking or sometimes double clicking on the track header), it retriggers the playback of a clip in ANOTHER track than the one I'm trying to view/work in. I don't want this to happen.
The clip that retriggers is always the same one (also in this case there is only one clip in this track). None of my other clips 'spontaneously' restart when I'm moving around the session view. Side note, when this happened it was also causing a CPU overload and audio drops when it retriggered, so I lowered my Sample Rate and unchecked High Quality in Audio Settings. This seemed a little odd as normally the session runs between 20-30%, so quite a leap when simply starting one single new clip. However, reducing the quality at least solved this overload. I still would like the clip not to retrigger however.

I don't have any complex triggering going on. Basic keyboard playing midi notes into a couple tracks.

Note on setup:
  • Ableton 11
  • OSX 14
  • Internal SSD harddrive
  • I am interfacing with my eurorack using Michigan SynthWorks F8R as my Faderport 8 midi controller and
  • an Expert Sleeper ES-9 for my audio interface, for this particular Ableton Live file and patch I am not using any CV Tools or Silent way, simply audio in and out of the ES9.
Thanks for any thoughts...