Push 3 Sample Selector M4L device

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
AlexDLarge

Push 3 Sample Selector M4L device

Post by AlexDLarge » Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:43 am

I share here https://unavisionagradable.gumroad.com/l/jajyq with all of you the first commercial patch that I have created for the Push 3 Stand Alone.

It is a device that when loaded into the P3 SA loads all the folders within “Samples/Folders/…” and the samples per folder, being able to select any of them without having to load the samples in audio clips. In addition, it allows you to establish a crossfade between the sample we are listening to and the new one by making smooth fades. There is also the ability to load random samples from any random folder. We can also retrigg the start position of the sample and change this. If we press the top button of the device to access the bank, we can see instead of the name of the bank, the name of the folder that we have selected.

The Push 3 is an exceptional instrument but for my work with long pre-recorded samples where synchronization is not important I was missing something like this, so not finding anything I created it from scratch. It has been hard work, and although I was afraid to publish something commercial and then fail, I have decided to share it.

I hope it is useful to you.

AlexDLarge

Re: Push 3 Sample Selector M4L device

Post by AlexDLarge » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:38 am

I’ve added some improvements in the “Push 3 Sample Selector” …

NEW IN VERSION 1.1

To make moving between banks faster I have added a “Page” dial with which we can quickly change pages. In this way, without pressing buttons we can alternate banks.
On some occasions when loading the device in Push 3 it does not load the folder structure correctly. I’m working on an automated solution, but in the meantime we can go to page 2 with the dial and move the “Reload” control. In this way we will manually update the directory tree.
Now we will have 2 samples at the same time in buffers A and B. You can crossfade between them with the dial “CFade” on Page 2
The MOD slider from the Push 3 now can control the crossfade too. We can select it by pressing the “select” button on the P3 and then touching the slider. We can alternate between Pitchbend and Modweel.
All mono files now will have the same signal on left and right channels.
Minor Bugs solved.