Push3 standalone unable to sync with external midi gear

Discuss Push with other users.
funkazoid

Push3 standalone unable to sync with external midi gear

Post by funkazoid » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:52 am

Hello,

I'm encountering an issue with my Push3 for while: when I connect an external midi device such as a synth and play a midi clip to the synth in starts being in sync with the metronome, but after 45min to an hour the external synth is no longer in sync with the metronome, it starts to get behind the the metronome and over time that 'delay' is getting worse and worse.

Also when you record the incoming audio on a separate audio track you can see the synth is no longer in sync. When I plug in the synth straight into the mixer, to synth is out of sync with the metronome, so it is not caused by the incoming audio path, the actual midi events are starting to get behind the metronome

Stop and play doen not fix the issue, you need to reboot the unit to get going again.

This happens if I connect the external synth on midi out as well through USB.

Setup:
Push3 -> midi out -> midi in JU-06a
Midi setting: Midi out to JU-06a
External Instrument on midi track midi out to JU-06a
Incoming audio signal 1/2

Sample rate 44.1 buffer size 128
Push OS version 2.0.2 but also on 1.2.2

Is anyone else experiencing the same thing? I'd like to understand if it is a faulty unit or if this is a software issue

Thanks

JamesonB

Re: Push3 standalone unable to sync with external midi gear

Post by JamesonB » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:41 am

Hi, yes it's a known problem with a thread on centercode
https://ableton.centercode.com/project/ ... CC5F79D0B6}

It's pretty bad Ableton advertised push as the centre hub of your studio and yet they can't even sort out the bloody midi, never have any problems with midi to external devices on my MPC one, that thing is rock solid.