how to update v11 without auto upodate

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
wilfsdad1965

how to update v11 without auto upodate

Post by wilfsdad1965 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:38 pm

here is my problem.
i run ableton off the grid to prevent my music laptop accidentally doing any software updates that might screw up a recording session.
i'm currently on 11.3.21. 11.3.22 is available and ableton tries to do auto update, but it fails as i'm not connected to the internet.
periodically i bring my laptop into the house and online for specifically upgrading software, like today.
but i can't manually download it from my account page because it isn't there, only v12 is.

So instead of being able to upgrade to 22, i either have to leave my machine in the house until auto upgrade decides to do it's thing, or go to v12 which i'm not ready to as i'm in the middle of important recording and don't have time to learn about new stuff.

how can i manually update to 22??

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: how to update v11 without auto upodate

Post by [jur] » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:31 am

Go to your user account licences on ableton.com
If the latest L11 version doesn't show here (it seems like you already bought L12, right?), then scroll down a little bit and you'll find the older versions archives.
Or just click this link
Ableton Forum Moderator

Rivanni

Re: how to update v11 without auto upodate

Post by Rivanni » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:55 am

wilfsdad1965 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:38 pm
here is my problem.
ableton tries to do auto update, but it fails as I'm not connected to the internet.
If Live is 'aware' of updates means you were online at some point but did not complete the update.
So instead of being able to upgrade to 22, I either have to leave my machine in the house until auto upgrade decides to do its thing
No need to wait. If you start Live when you are online, the auto-update kicks in after a few seconds. You have to restart Live when it was already opened when you were offline before the auto-update starts.
Just wait for the update process to finish. (Keep an eye on the status bar.)
It's always faster than manually downloading and installing the full version.