PUSH DISPLAY problems - What do I look for in new computer

Discuss Push with other users.
deano09

PUSH DISPLAY problems - What do I look for in new computer

Post by deano09 » Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:59 am

Having display lag and feeling this is a computer issue as apparently the display is based on graphics processing?

Can I please confirm this with someone? Emailed support, got nothing after over a week. Considering returning my push and also considering getting a new comp. My computer specs is below and would love to know what to look for in a new computer. Thank you.

Here are my main issues:

Bugs

1. Having problems with Visual display in Mix Mode, the volume meter lags, especially when using soundcard on the push. Sometimes the display completely doesnt show any volumes as its playing.

2. Also when hitting the mix button twice, you go to mix mode for certain channel and usually see the Return Sends, this sometimes glitches out and disappears (no sends visible)

3. When dragging audio effect to new location, some of the parameters disappear, and need to click out and click back in,

Anyone else had these problems? I just updated and made sure I am fully up to date with everything including ableton.

Im not running standalone
Mac 10.14.4
3.1 GHz Intel Core i5
8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB

Tarekith

Re: PUSH DISPLAY problems - What do I look for in new computer

Post by Tarekith » Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:08 pm

There’s been a few people with those issues I’ve seen here, so you’re not alone. Personally I’d wait a bit more and see if this gets addressed in a push update.

deano09

Post by deano09 » Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:23 am

Tarekith wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:08 pm
There’s been a few people with those issues I’ve seen here, so you’re not alone. Personally I’d wait a bit more and see if this gets addressed in a push update.
Thanks for your response, I appreciate it. be keen to hear others in the same boat, what they are feeling.

CmdrCody

Post by CmdrCody » Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:15 pm

I am experiencing this same behavior with Push3.

Initially I thought it was something with my old Mac (2011 iMac i5 with 24GB RAM), but I just upgraded to a brand new M2 Max Macbook with 96GB of ram, and using Push 3 with live is just as bad (connected DIRECTLY to the mac). The UI lag is so noticeable it's basically unusable. The pads are still real-time responsive though and I can even record midi into Live, and the encoders do work with the Live GUI, but if I try switching tracks or twisting a knob I'm stuck waiting for t UI on the push to catch up.

I can twist an encoder and it takes nearly a second to update the Push UI vs. instant updates in the Live UI. I even tried the Beta release, both of the Push 3 and Live, and it's still not working.

I also have a Push2 (glad I didn't sell it yet). Not a single issue with it's UI updating, it's as instantaneous as the Live GUI.

I opened a case with Ableton yesterday, after being totally disappointed with Live running on a brand new mac. If I don't get any traction I will be returning the Push 3 because it's just not working for me, after a costly studio upgrade.

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:59 pm

deano09 wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:59 am
1. Having problems with Visual display in Mix Mode, the volume meter lags, especially when using soundcard on the push.
And when using an external audio interface and/or your computer's built-in one? Does it improve?

Same question to CmdrCody.
Ableton Forum Moderator

Florkin

Post by Florkin » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:39 pm

Hi there,

I had a similar issue on the Push 2 and Ableton 12 (Push 2 on USB Port and power supply) .
Visual lags when hitting pads on sequencer, when turning knobs, etc...

I contacted the support, they didn't know about this bug.

However, they came with a working solution :
you can use the following option in the Options.txt file:
-Push2UseLegacyScript
And yes, it worked, but it downgrades Push 2 version, and that was not OK for me.
They made me try many things but none of them worked.

But I finally found a trick :
I plugged the push in a self powered USB Hub, and all is fine now.
It doesn't work with a classic USB Hub, only on a self powered one

Hope this helps !