File transfer problems...

Discuss Push with other users.
beebeeveevee

File transfer problems...

Post by beebeeveevee » Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:54 am

Hi everyone

I'm having problems transferring sets from Live to Push. The progress bar quickly moves to 100% and then pauses for a minute or so, before I get a message telling me that the transfer has failed. When I check the Push, it seems some of the files have transferred, but not all of them.

This is with my home router. I've tried using a hotspot on my iPhone, but then Live doesn't recognise the Push at all.

This is a bit disappointing. Can anybody help?

I really hope that it's planned for there to be direct file transfer with a cable...

dbenway

Re: File transfer problems...

Post by dbenway » Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:07 pm

beebeeveevee wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:54 am
The progress bar quickly moves to 100% and then pauses for a minute or so, before I get a message telling me that the transfer has failed.
I have never seen this personally, but I'd check firstly that you'd correctly connected live to the push - sometimes push will show up in Live despite being in controller mode. I know I've tried transfers when it's in this state and iirc they've failed immediately, but I wasn't looking too closely. You'll often need to enter the 6 digit number showing on the push screen to connect to live properly.

I'd also make sure you've authorised your push correctly - tbh it probably shouldn't make much difference for file transfers, but it can make firmware updates fail so there's no harm double checking.

CH7

Post by CH7 » Fri May 03, 2024 11:25 pm

The push will work with a USB to Ethernet dongle. Its so much faster and 100% reliable. Besides the dongle all you would need is an ethernet cable from your router. Why walk when you can fly?

beebeeveevee

Post by beebeeveevee » Tue May 07, 2024 7:42 pm

Thanks, both.

All authorised and up-to-date. I sent a video to Ableton a while ago, and have chased up, but no reply from support. Which is a bit weird.

beebeeveevee

Post by beebeeveevee » Tue May 07, 2024 7:42 pm

CH7 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 11:25 pm
The push will work with a USB to Ethernet dongle. Its so much faster and 100% reliable. Besides the dongle all you would need is an ethernet cable from your router. Why walk when you can fly?
So just Push to router via ethernet? and laptop over Wifi still?

Just figuring out whether it would end up being tricky for me!

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Tue May 07, 2024 8:58 pm

Could this be some kind of firewall settings blocking the transfer?
Ableton Forum Moderator