How about a global preference for CLIP / DEVICE / NONE view on open?

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
otalgia99

How about a global preference for CLIP / DEVICE / NONE view on open?

Post by otalgia99 » Wed May 01, 2024 1:57 am

Hello again

Is Live now defaulting to opening sets in CLIP VIEW? (...Did it always do that, and I just never noticed?)

I haven't explored quite enough to determine that L12 is preferring CLIP as a true default, but I'm sure getting a very strong feeling that my sets are opening to CLIP view far more often than I leave them that way, and (just for my own workflow) I'm personally finding that awkward.

I'd rather see DEVICE view at first (and also at second, and at third). I only change to CLIP only when I need to address something in that realm, but that's just me.

Now I can accept that in this kind of situation, no one default can cover all desired scenarios but what might be nice would be to have a pref setting in Display & Input tab that can allow you to choose between a global CLIP / DEVICE / NONE open-set state.

It wouldn't be perfect, but it could be a setting that might drop things in the way you want them to be, say, 60% of the time -- rather than none (or all...)

o99
Perform. rig
MacBook Pro 2015 | OS 12.6 | 2.8 GHz Quad Intel i7 | 16Gb RAM | 4 Tb External HDD (USB3) | MicroBook IIc | Akai APC40 MkII | LIVE 11 Suite

Prod. rig
Mac Studio M1 Max | OS 13.2.1 | 64 Gb RAM | MiniStack STX | ApolloX6 | Live 11 Suite