Ableton 12.0.2 Crashes with Massive 1.6.0

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Commodoro

Ableton 12.0.2 Crashes with Massive 1.6.0

Post by Commodoro » Tue May 21, 2024 1:20 pm

So, I recently installed ableton Live Trial 12.0.2 and started to experience crashes. The crash happens even if I open a project and I let it sit there without doing anything. After like 5 minutes, CPU and Ram usage goes to 100% (saw this on the task manager) and a message pops up saying something like "A serious program error has occurred. Live will shut down as soon as this message box is closed".

While this started I was using a pirated Massive (i know, i know) but I finally managed to get a legit license that i wasn't using, because the first time i tried to upgrade to the legit version it wasn't finding all the massive vsts in my older projects but i finally managed to do it.

So i tried:

Disabling Massive to see if it was his fault causing the crash and ableton didn't crash while running the projects with massive uninstalled.
unistalling the older pirated massive and installing the new legit one.
tried eliminating the folder where the database file is located(C/User/Appdata/local/NativeInstruments/Massive: NIMassiveDatabase2)
To be sure I also tried analyzing the DMP File that Ableton creates during a crash and the lines are correlated to Massive.
Also tried to copy the dmp file report to chatgpt (Lol) and it said that the crash is correlated to massive.

After uninstalling massive and reinstalling + eliminating database file, it seemed to not crash initially but eventually it started crashing again the next day.

PC SPECS:

Windows 11 Home
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-14700F 2.10 GHz
Ram: 64 GB
Audio Drivers of Focurite USB Asio or sometimes Asio4All

Can you guys please help me find a solution? I won't buy ableton 12 if for some reason it'll crashes forever on my machine but i would want to.
Thanks in advance to everyone that will help.

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Ableton 12.0.2 Crashes with Massive 1.6.0

Post by [jur] » Tue May 21, 2024 5:41 pm

Is your Massive up-to-date?
Did you try both VST2 and VST3 versions?
Ableton Forum Moderator

Commodoro

Post by Commodoro » Wed May 22, 2024 4:23 pm

Yes, massive is up to date and i tried both. Another Person on Nstive Instruments Forum confirmed me that both massive vst2 and vst3 makes ableton 12 crash but works in every other daw and works in ableton 11 too.

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Wed May 22, 2024 5:12 pm

It's highly likely that both Ableton and NI are aware of this issue then.
You could write to Ableton Support just in case, and to NI's one too.
BTW, are you talking about Massive or Massive X ?
Ableton Forum Moderator

Commodoro

Post by Commodoro » Wed May 22, 2024 5:17 pm

I'm talking about Massive, i don't own Massive X. Will ableton support team reply to me since i don't already own a license of ableton because i'm still using the trial? The other person on NI forum already forwarded the issue to NI support team.