Live 11 Keeps Freezing (and then Crashing) Upon Audio Export

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Blooome

Live 11 Keeps Freezing (and then Crashing) Upon Audio Export

Post by Blooome » Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:42 pm

I am a new Ableton user, so I would like to ask for help. As the title implies, Ableton keeps freezing, (and then crashing) whenever I am ready to export audio to a folder on my computer. It brings up the file explorer when I hit "export," and then the software freezes and crashes. I was only able to export audio from one project, and other projects I have tried had this issue. I had the export setting only export a file as ".wav" at 16bits and a sample rate of 44100 kHz; I did not want to export as .mp3 or create an analysis file. If I am unable to export audio from my files. I have contacted tech support and submitted the crash reports to them, but I would like to have some input from other, more experienced Ableton users. If I am unable to export audio, the it makes Ableton effectively useless for me. Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Below is a list of solutions I have attempted without any success:
  • I checked to make sure that my computer's system (64bit) was compatible with Ableton (They are compatible)
  • I tried recording the master output on a new audio track
  • I tried to set the export settings to other bitrates and sample rates to see if certain settings didn't work
  • I've read other forums about "corrupt" plug-ins. None of mine seem to have issues, as Ableton starts and works just fine with them.
  • I've researched about the minimum memory requirements for Ableton. I have 11.7GB RAM available, when many sites suggested a minimum of 8GB.
Below are my computer specs if needed.
  • Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1035G1 CPU @ 1.00GHz 1.19 GHz
  • Installed RAM: 12.0 GB (11.7 GB usable)
  • System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

bobfrode

Re: Live 11 Keeps Freezing (and then Crashing) Upon Audio Export

Post by bobfrode » Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:06 pm

Hi there, i had similar error/crash and i tried to save to another disc and it went away... i think my usual ableton disc (ssd) was a bit dodgy
Maybe this helps you as well?

mvh avr

danaemusicnl

Re: Live 11 Keeps Freezing (and then Crashing) Upon Audio Export

Post by danaemusicnl » Sun May 26, 2024 1:09 pm

Hey all!

I had this same problem ... spent almost 3 full days troubleshooting this one. Super frustrating.

It didn't have anything to do with plugins or full drives.
Turns out it was because I have my project saved in OneDrive (for "automatic backups"). When I copied it to another directory on my computer (same hard-drive, but not a OneDrive folder), everything worked fine.

I hope this saves someone else some severe headaches xD