Sends and returns with ADAT

Discuss Push with other users.
CostoLulu

Sends and returns with ADAT

Post by CostoLulu » Thu May 23, 2024 3:30 pm

Hello there, first post...

So I got my Push 3 a few weeks ago, first steps in the world of DAWs and Live, coming from the hardware only world : Elektron Dark Trinity and eurorack, mostly, which I sold to concentrate on Push. Actually, it's the proposition of Push 3 standalone that decided me to get in the Ableton world, as I still can't stand to produce my music using a mouse and a computer screen (so ADHD that I need to get away from the screen to get any job done.)
I'm still using a few hardware synths, almost all from SOMA : Terra, Lyra-8, Pulsar-23 (for my patching addiction :P), MicroFreak (as a replacement for Plaits) and most importantly for this topic, the Cosmos.
I'm just crazy about that device, which is just perfect for my kind of music : meditative electronic music to go with my gongs.
But in order to use it with my acoustic instruments (jew's harps, flutes, handpans, shamanic drums, etc.), I used my AKG C-214 mikes connected to my good old K-Mix. But very recently, it started falling apart, and I can't activate phantom power without getting a lot of hisses and cracks and pops. It's definitely dying on me, so after reading the forums here, I ended up ordered an EVO SP8 to replace the K-Mix in my Push 3 centered setup.
And that opens a world of new opportunities !

So my question is : can I generate sound with the Push (from the SP8 outs) into the Cosmos and back into the ins of the SP8 for recording the Cosmos on the Push ? Or connect my C214s to the SP8, into the Cosmos and back in the SP8 to record on the Push ?
Or Lyra-8 -> SP8 -> BigSky -> SP8 ?
I have absolutely no experience with mixing and send/returns, except I managed to do that kind of things with the K-Mix (Terra -> K-Mix -> Cosmos -> K-Mix -> Push.) Can I do that with the SP8 on the Push ? Is there some kind of routing implemented ?
Push 3 Standalone + EVO SP8, SOMA Terra, Lyra-8, Cosmos, Pulsar-23, Gongs & many other acoustic instruments

braduro

Re: Sends and returns with ADAT

Post by braduro » Sun May 26, 2024 12:14 pm

Off the top of my head, sounds like you want to create an effects insert with the ADAT i/o

The EXT Effect device needs to be configured in Live, then saved as a preset on the Push (if you’re using push standalone), then placed inline on any track with which you’re applying it, grouped track, or send/return to economize.

Follow the YouTube tutorial on this thread, and see if it at least gets you closer to what you wish to accomplish:

viewtopic.php?t=247429

CostoLulu

Re: Sends and returns with ADAT

Post by CostoLulu » Sun May 26, 2024 6:39 pm

Yes, that’s exactly what I’m trying to do !
Thank you very much 🙏🏻
Push 3 Standalone + EVO SP8, SOMA Terra, Lyra-8, Cosmos, Pulsar-23, Gongs & many other acoustic instruments