MiniLab 3 - session clips not in Arrangement view ?

Discuss Live-ready controllers other than Push.
Banksie

MiniLab 3 - session clips not in Arrangement view ?

Post by Banksie » Mon Jun 10, 2024 11:03 pm

Hi,

Q. Is it possible to start a recording in arrangement view via the MiniLab 3 by clicking a drum pad ?? I can in session view.

I can hear the notes I just recorded If I hit play in Session view and when I click the clip itself it plays back but I'd like to edit the clip in the arrangment view. note: In arrangement view I see the midi track I created (Ctrl Shft + M) but it looks empty in arranagement view & when I double click that midi track it shows clip view at the bottom of the screen but nothing populates the clip view.

Why is this ?
Last edited by Banksie on Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:36 am, edited 7 times in total.

Banksie

Re: MiniFuse 3 - session clips not in Arrangement view ?

Post by Banksie » Tue Jun 11, 2024 10:32 pm

Thanks for providing a link to the Ableton manual. ( no offence but that sure is a broad way to explain what's happening )
It provides an overview but does not drill down into the issue I'm facing.

I'm a newbie so prob. am simply not understanding a basic concept.. I get that. That's why I'm asking here for some help.

I've read the concepts in the manual and am aware of the "red" button (image below) and greyed out tracks in arrangement.

I'll keep plugging away

RED Button

greyed out button

Banksie

Post by Banksie » Tue Jun 11, 2024 10:56 pm

I notice that when in Session View I can simply start recording using MiniFuse 3's drum pad.

I've managed to record some notes from the MiniFuse3 in the arrangement view but it requires me to click the record button in Ableton's Arrangement view. I'm not able to simply click the pad on the MiniFuse3 to start the recording when in arrangment view

Q. Is it possible to start a recording in arrangement view via the MiniFuse 3 by clicking a drum pad ?? ( note: I'll edit my original question )

Hhmm... Intersting.
Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.
Last edited by Banksie on Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Banksie

Post by Banksie » Tue Jun 11, 2024 11:36 pm

Doing a Google Search reveals the following.

" Whilst in Session select the clip(s) you want, hold the left mouse button and press Tab to switch view to Arrangement - then just place the clip where you want and let go of the left mouse button ".

This helps a lot but I'm still not sure if it's possible to start a recording from the Minifuse3 whilst in arrangement view though.

Any thoughts ??