Symphonic Choirs and Live

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
sghoughton

Symphonic Choirs and Live

Post by sghoughton » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:43 pm

Hi,

I"m just evaluating live right now and looking to move from tracktion. I was just wondering if anyone here uses live with EWQL Symphonic Choirs? If so, how are you setting that up. In tracktion, i set up a track to output to maple midi port 2. That goes to a tool called wordbuilder which outputs on maple midi port 3. That is the input to my track and that feeds the kompakt symph. choirs instrument.

I tried to set up the same thing in Live, basically emulated the same routing but i'm not getting any sound. The Kompakt instrument is getting midi and samples seem to be playing but there is nothing.

I found an issue with Pro Tools LE that seemed to be similar to what i'm experiencing with live:

http://www.nativeinstruments.de/forum_u ... ght=choirs

and wonder if theres someone who knows live well enough to tell me whats i'm doing wrong or right here.

This is basically the only thing thats keeping me from jumping right away.

Thanks

steve

jondough

Sharing your pain

Post by jondough » Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:21 pm

Having the same problem steve. If you figure it out before I do, please post your method.

Thanks,
Solitaire Co C.E.O. @ Insomniac Studios... Don't Sleep

nz

Post by nz » Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:47 am

Does LIVE even work with Symphonic Choir? Will LIVE read VST MA plugs? I know that I don't see the SC plug in my VST list, but when I use Pro Tools I can see the RTAS version. I think there is something in the manual stating some DAWs won't work due to the VST MA feature.

Any thoughts?
MacBook Pro/Mac Mini
Ableton Live 10

krekc

Post by krekc » Sat May 20, 2006 2:24 pm

I cant get it to work either. Does anyone know a work around?

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Sat May 20, 2006 2:40 pm

run word-builder and the choir thing inside an app that supports sysex internally - I'm thinking EnergyXT or Bidule run as a vsti inside Live.
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.

krekc

Post by krekc » Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:11 pm

Has anyone tried this yet using bidule?