What's the best and/or cheapest site to host DJ mixes?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
kramer

What's the best and/or cheapest site to host DJ mixes?

Post by kramer » Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:53 pm

So I'm looking for a good site to host some of my dub, performance, and silly 8-bit mixes. They are at least 30 min. long usually and none of the free sites will let you host files that big and they don't want you to host DJ mixes with copyrighted material and all that. So.....what's the best site?
I was looking at that mixdepot.net and it looks pretty cool. Any others?
Thanks..... :D :D

helixx

Post by helixx » Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:17 pm

i just got hooked up at mixdepot and really like it. there are definitely a few bugs but they don't get in the way of providing a good solution. i wish it was cheaper but now that i've taken the plunge, it seems well worth it to me.
1.65ghz powerbook 15" | 1.5gb RAM | Ableton Live 6.0.10 | Operator | Korg Zero 4 | Logic Pro 8 | Korg Kontrol49 | Behringer BCF2000 | Alesis Multimix8 Firewire

helixx

Post by helixx » Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:20 pm

oh and a forum member volunteered some server space a while back too:

http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic. ... highlight=
1.65ghz powerbook 15" | 1.5gb RAM | Ableton Live 6.0.10 | Operator | Korg Zero 4 | Logic Pro 8 | Korg Kontrol49 | Behringer BCF2000 | Alesis Multimix8 Firewire

Daniel Dytrych

Post by Daniel Dytrych » Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:59 pm

yes indeed. I am ready to make a page up of live mixes. I haven't had a good response though. I was thinking of putting them on my new record label web site. www.dytrychrecordings.co.uk It's free.

Let me know. I have 2.5GB of space and it could be used more wisely.

Upload your mix to the address below. Click the link below.

ftp://ftp.dytrychrecordings.co.uk/

username - artist@dytrychrecordings.co.uk
password - mixes

You may get get a blank folder. If so, just right click in the white space and click login as. Repeat the username and password about. You will then see a User Mixes folder. Just drag your mix into the folder and it will upload. I will then add it to the new page I am creating.

Thanks,
Daniel.

kramer

Post by kramer » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:13 pm

Daniel Dytrych wrote:yes indeed. I am ready to make a page up of live mixes. I haven't had a good response though. I was thinking of putting them on my new record label web site. www.dytrychrecordings.co.uk It's free.

Let me know. I have 2.5GB of space and it could be used more wisely.

Upload your mix to the address below. Click the link below.

ftp://ftp.dytrychrecordings.co.uk/

username - artist@dytrychrecordings.co.uk
password - mixes

You may get get a blank folder. If so, just right click in the white space and click login as. Repeat the username and password about. You will then see a User Mixes folder. Just drag your mix into the folder and it will upload. I will then add it to the new page I am creating.

Thanks,
Daniel.
Wow! I'll check it out! Give me a couple days to get my stuff together and I'll send you some mixes. If you like them...you can do whatever you want with them. If not....no hard feelings.
I'm not surprised that you haven't had a good response....I think there are still relatively few (compared to say...guitar players or rock bands) Live Djs or even regular DJs who record their sets and post them on the web.

Out Of My System

Post by Out Of My System » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:59 am

I think there are still relatively few (compared to say...guitar players or rock bands) Live Djs or even regular DJs who record their sets and post them on the web.
There's one right here!. Few other Ableton live sets on there too.