Pops and clicks in rendered file 5.02

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
timothyallan

Post by timothyallan » Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:11 pm

Whoa, ok. Have you submitted projects to the Abes that experience this? I know that they haven't been able to replicate a lot of my bugs, so I've had to put in a bit of work and physically mail them a DVD of projects.

-Tim

C.D.

Post by C.D. » Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:22 am

Hello,

I'd first like to say that I'm still on version 3.04. I use Cubase SE for all my VSTi work.

My jaw is dropping at the couple of you who are saying that Live doesn't render what you run through it...... I would like to say that you might wanna get your ears checked.

I've been using 3.04 for over a year and a half now.... and I've come across my fair shair of "bugs".... guess what..... all of them turned out to be lil weird things... and not really bugs.... I figured out how to fix all of them over the last year.

Once in a blue moon, I MIGHT get a pop in my renders..... and guess what guys... that shit is VERY easily fixed in any quality wav editor... 2 seconds.. and you can straighten the clip/pop out. I know some pops can't be fixed, but I've never rendered anything in ver. 3.04 that had a pop/click that wasn't easily remedied in Sound Forge.

When it comes to wavs - this is nonsense in regards to the couple who say Live doesn't output what get's input to it. Live only spits out what you put into it.

And to the one guy that said he'd done a test with 5 - rendering a kick in Live and another application... then comparing them in a wav editor - saying that Lives rendered kick was different than the original sample - sorry bro, sounds like complete bs to me.

I'm still on version THREE and that shit DOeS NOT hold true with my version... so how in the hell is version FIVE gonna alter your wavs at all.

Live is the best, most flexible audio sequencer in existence... Feel lucky that it exists.
two oscillators are better than one

eldar

Post by eldar » Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:25 am

:roll: :roll: :roll: :lol:

C.D.

Post by C.D. » Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:30 am

u got somethin to say

or are u just gonna hide in the corner

timothyallan

Post by timothyallan » Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:39 am

This isnt the thread on "the summing engine is crap" or any other threads like this. This -isnt- about that at all.

This is about seemingly randon 1 second long bursts of white noise and sometimes 2 minutes of the file that has totally no audio. I'm pretty sure, and everyone else who's having this issue is sure as well, that it does not appear in the song when you listen through the entire arrangement.

I'ts nice to come in guns blazing like you did, but honestly, if you're going to talk shit, at least have experience with the version your defending to back it up.

-Tim

C.D.

Post by C.D. » Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:44 am

I have a version that's OLDER.

Don't you think the programming/cpu usage/etc. is WAY better/efficient than version 3.04?

In all honesty, it sounds like you guys are having one of 3 problems

Sound Card
Driver for Sound Card
or motherboard issues

? dunno

I do know for a fact that my ancient version does not have these problems.

:?

timothyallan

Post by timothyallan » Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:48 am

I do know for a fact that my ancient version does not have these problems.
You said it... of course it doen't have those problems. Live 3 has a 1/4 of the feature set of the current version and has had 2 years of testing and bug fixing.

C.D.

Post by C.D. » Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:34 am

" Live 3 has a 1/4 of the feature set of the current version and has had 2 years of testing and bug fixing."

and you don't think they implemented in 5 what they learned from the mistakes and shortcomings of the previous 4 versions

c'mon

8)

timothyallan

Post by timothyallan » Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:39 am

Umm, how could they??

Most of the features are brand new. They've never existed in previous versions.

Live 3 doesn't even have MIDI or VST support. How many thousands of permutations of VSTs and corresponding compatibility issues do you think there are just with that -one- feature?

Even if they got that one feature ironed out in v4, what happens when a certain VST is updated from 1.0 to 2.0 and causes some unforseen issue? Live is automagically supposed to detect and cater for that change?

C.D.

Post by C.D. » Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:59 am

I'm trying to be polite and make as much sense to you as I can.

Stop and think for a minute before you type please.

Version 3 supports VSTs, genius. It does not support VSTi though... 4 DOES. That is nothing NEW for 5, buddy.

"3 doesn't have midi support" - ding ding... wrong again. Albeit.. LESS, way less than 4 and 5, but it still has midi support.

The biggest changes were from 3 - 4... not from 4 - 5.

5 added delay compensation... new browsing... new looks.

It's the SAME audio sequencer, dude.

: L

amo

Post by amo » Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:08 am

Guys,

Have you try, as reassuring thing/workaround possibility, to resample your track in a new track ? It has many advantages:
1. it is real time and you hear your track while rendering
2. it's been used in the past by some Live5 users as a working workaround to rendering problems.
3. it's real time so no probs with some Native Instruments plugs for instance, and maybe others.

I know even some Pro Tools users who use an internal routing and resampling to render their projects. They too say they don't allow the Render capabilities of Pro Tools... Well, why, not, and since the other technique is there....

Try it, you'll love it !

Cheers,
amo
Live 5.0.3 - IBM Thinkpad R51 1.5ghz Centrino - 1,5 Go RAM - 7200 RPM 2nd HDD intern - RME Multiface - Windows XP Pro SP2

milfbait

Post by milfbait » Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:16 am

C.D. wrote:Hello,

And to the one guy that said he'd done a test with 5 - rendering a kick in Live and another application... then comparing them in a wav editor - saying that Lives rendered kick was different than the original sample - sorry bro, sounds like complete bs to me.
Well, don't knock it until you've tried it because I've done the same experiment and Live 5's render is shite. I will post some analysis results if I'm feeling ambitious.

C.D.

Post by C.D. » Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:29 am

I'm really biting my tongue here.

HowTF is Version FIVE not rendering as well as Version THREE

ENH

come tf on

3 renders EXACTLY what you put in it.... why would 5 be ANY DIFFERNT

jesus

amo

Post by amo » Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:32 am

milfbait wrote:
C.D. wrote:Hello,

Well, don't knock it until you've tried it because I've done the same experiment and Live 5's render is shite. I will post some analysis results if I'm feeling ambitious.
Would you mind performing your test with "resample" instead of rendering ? And yes, please, provide some facts, I'm sure lots of people are curious about your test results...
Best,
amo
Live 5.0.3 - IBM Thinkpad R51 1.5ghz Centrino - 1,5 Go RAM - 7200 RPM 2nd HDD intern - RME Multiface - Windows XP Pro SP2

myztmuzic

Post by myztmuzic » Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:02 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: I have used Live since versj. 1, and running 5.02 now. I Totally agree with the rest of us owning versj.5 - I've rendered songs in Live 1-2-3-4 AND 5, and 5 IS SHIT!!! No doubt, the Abes stuffed the last versj. full of features that it can't handle properly without BUGS like this threads about! Have used Live since it was born and until today - for 12 hours each day, at least, so I guess I know how it SHOULD sound like after rendering a song. I've done it for years now.. So wake up, Abes - this have to be solved - NOW!!!