why is Iraq so obsessed with America!?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
forge

why is Iraq so obsessed with America!?

Post by forge » Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:06 pm

discuss.

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:16 pm

AND THEN I SAY SOMETHING!!!
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

diverdee

Post by diverdee » Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:39 pm

well, i'd argue that it should be the other way around & then qualified as in 'why is the american administration so obsessed with iraq?'.
one could then examine the history of the region e.g. the way Saddam rose to power, the cynical way the kurds have been used by the C.I.A. & other intelligence agancies for years, the way iraq was used as a buffer against Iran - with both sides being supplied during the iran-iraq war, examine the politics of oil, the way iraq fits into that geostrategic planning & by then one may almost be in a position to ask the question why iraq is obsessed with america.
Possibly because american intelligence has been meddling in the region for years, many NSC & other documents outline U.S. plans for dominating the region in order to secure the oil & other strategic minerals & of course at the moment the U.S. is illegally occupying the country, raping their oil & shipping industries, contractors are steling money to the tune of billions whilst huge MNC's & TNC's with deep links to the administration also make millions, a constitution which guarantees future raping of the countries resources to U.S. benefit is proposed, permanent military bases are being situated there & when anyone complains they are carted off to be tortured, 'dissapeared' or their cities are carpet bombed to near extinction in a guernican manner that breaks multiple international laws & treaties, yet hardly anyone complains as the U.S. has such control over the media & the U.N. security council etc. (fallujah?).
If you live in Iraq, given the history I have barely touched upon (as it would require reading a comprehensive history of middle eastern political history) & the present reality would you not be interested, perhaps even obsessed with the country which had so shaped your history & now controlled your destiny with such violent, bloodthirsty imperial grip?

D K

Post by D K » Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:27 pm

brad pitt?

forge

Post by forge » Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:36 pm

diverdee wrote:well,....., bloodthirsty imperial grip?

look a bit down the page and you'll find the thread I mock

difference

Post by difference » Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:44 pm

diverdee wrote:well, i'd argue that it should be the other way around &

I think you're missing the irony. See the other thread :wink:

stereomike

Post by stereomike » Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:51 pm

Iraq is obsessed with amerca cuz, we're like awesome and stuff........we are like the only like country with any morals, so we need to go and kill bad people, and save the wolrd. why doesn't anbody thank us, cuz we help a lot. and thank jesus that our leader is a man of god or else i might question why we're in Iraq. otherwise I might think it was for the oil. but that is a stupid idea cuz america is selfless and we don't care about oil.

difference

Post by difference » Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:52 pm

stereomike wrote:Iraq is obsessed with amerca cuz, we're like awesome and stuff........we are like the only like country with any morals, so we need to go and kill bad people, and save the wolrd. why doesn't anbody thank us, cuz we help a lot. and thank jesus that our leader is a man of god or else i might question why we're in Iraq. otherwise I might think it was for the oil. but that is a stupid idea cuz america is selfless and we don't care about oil.
lol

D K

Post by D K » Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:08 pm

baseball?

robtronik

Post by robtronik » Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:03 pm

Jessica Alba.

;)

rob.

diverdee

Post by diverdee » Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:10 pm

ahh.. didn't see the other thread, missed the irony..... colour me embarassed ;)

[edit] mmmmmm.... jessica alba... slurpp. [/edit]

icedsushi

Post by icedsushi » Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:20 pm

nikki cox

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:27 pm

stevie nicks?

feyshay

obsessed

Post by feyshay » Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:11 pm

Iraq did not have an obsession with us until the Janet Jackson exposed breast incident in the Super Bowl. I think they were amazed that our culture was so laid back that having her breast exposed for 700ms on television would not cause a stir.

milfbait

Post by milfbait » Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:37 pm

I hear they're really into old school hip hop and the NYC graffitti scene over there.