How long did it take for your ableton 5 box to arrive?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
smutek

How long did it take for your ableton 5 box to arrive?

Post by smutek » Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:42 pm

I am pretty sure I am going on two weeks since I upgraded to live 5. I ordered the box and am still waiting for it to arrive. Ofcourse I have the downloaded version up and running, and I am not mad or anything like that, I just want my cool box from Germany with my stickers and manual and all..... :wink:

How long did it take for yours to arrive? I'm on the East side of the States.
Last edited by smutek on Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jesper

Post by Jesper » Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:13 pm

For me it took 3 days if I remember correctly. 2 weeks sounds a little long unless they're sending it by submarine. Perhaps that's normal? I'm in Sweden, somewhat closer. Didn't you get a UPS package number so you can trace your box?

udp

Post by udp » Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:15 pm

3 weeks. I ordered first day available.
OS X.5 MacBook Core 2Duo 2.2ghz, 2Gig RAM Mackie Onyx 400F m-audio BX8's, Oxygen 8, Zoom H-4, Alesis Masterlink, Bitstream 3x
http://www.udpmusic.com

smutek

Post by smutek » Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:22 pm

Jesper wrote:Didn't you get a UPS package number so you can trace your box?
Good question. I don't think it would be on my e-receipt but I will double check for any info when I get home. I know for sure I have not received any kind of shipping notice.

I'm sure everything is fine, just getting to the point where I am peering up onto the front porch when I get in from work and looking out the window everytime I hear a ups truck.

UDP is in Michigan so 3 weeks sounds about right.

mike holiday

Post by mike holiday » Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:53 pm

mine took like a month

came from cali

and i recieved email right before it shipped up here..
but i orderd it day 1

smutek

Post by smutek » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:17 pm

Shit, whad-dya-know. Guess what was sitting there waiting for me when I got home from work today.

My sexy black box.

Had an educational version sticker on the shrink wrap and educational version stamped on the manual - but that shouldn't matter? I own a full liscense and outside of the stamp on the manual its the exact same thing.

Well, I'm glad its here!

udp

Post by udp » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:20 pm

congrats, mr. smu! Now dig in to that manual. For me it's much easior to read than pdf.
OS X.5 MacBook Core 2Duo 2.2ghz, 2Gig RAM Mackie Onyx 400F m-audio BX8's, Oxygen 8, Zoom H-4, Alesis Masterlink, Bitstream 3x
http://www.udpmusic.com

rasputin

Post by rasputin » Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:26 pm

smutek wrote:Shit, whad-dya-know. Guess what was sitting there waiting for me when I got home from work today.

My sexy black box.

Had an educational version sticker on the shrink wrap and educational version stamped on the manual - but that shouldn't matter? I own a full liscense and outside of the stamp on the manual its the exact same thing.

Well, I'm glad its here!
Cool, yes I do like fondling the packaging (sick!), the paper manual is very handy (when spending time in the "meditation room"

Maybe there was an error when your order was picked or they were temporarily out of regular retail? In any case, your license it's what's valuable as you know.
And of course we all have to download the patches and upgrades no matter how we bought it...
Enjoy man!

r.