its friday! what you all doin?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
martin808

Post by martin808 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:28 pm

conny wrote:
Know what, some years ago I was up in the north of Norway, no job, depressing, I was sitting in an empty room staring at the opposite wall paper and suddenly my eyes made the pattern flow together, producing some kind of 3D illusion... strong memory... only the electric socket stayed in 2D'ed, like trapped in some flat dimensional hole...

// C
and then what...?

smart1123

Post by smart1123 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:36 pm

going to see my buddy play (vinyl) at the Bayside Lounge here in Vancouver, get stoned, maybe get drunk, maybe get hi. Hang out with the bros.
15" TiBook 1.5 GHz 1Gig RAM, MOTU Traveller, Live 5, Reaktor 5, Alesis Micron, Yamaha EX-5, UC-33e, BCR2000, Lexicon MPX-1, Orbit, Event 20/20's

conny

Post by conny » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:38 pm

martin808 wrote: and then what...?
I
became
this

// C
PC Laptop Acer, XP Home SP2, build in crappy sound card.
Bleeps and Blops!
http://bluemoose.greatnow.com/

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:43 pm

Going to see the movie Jarhead, sit down in front of my computer and finish up a couple songs and play video games until I fall asleep with the controller in my hand

Sunday I'm taking my dog Bailey to Ewetopia - a big ranch where dogs can chase sheep all they want and go crazy

sleeping in and fooling around with Ableton

a
Ableton | Elektron

Music

martin808

Post by martin808 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:03 pm

thats me off out.

DeadlyKungFu

Post by DeadlyKungFu » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:20 pm

I'm going to smoke some hash, get DRUNK-AS-FUCK... and then I'm going to kill Jim Lahey.

dirtystudios

Post by dirtystudios » Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:08 am

Sittin' at the bar...alone...checking the Live forums.

Jesus that's sad.

There may be a new Drunken Post by the end of the night.

k

telekom

Post by telekom » Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:34 pm

Hey martin808,
How was Plaid? I was gonna go too but The Skatalites were playing live on Renfrew Ferry so I went to that instead. They were great. And The Selecter in support - Pauline Black is so cool. If only Alan hadn't got some kind of lurgie from the draught stella. I spent the last hour in the gents trying to get him out of a pukible.

Mr Scruff is djing in The Arches on Dec 17 - should be ace.
M
MacBook Pro Retina, Live 9.5, Reason, UC33, KRK RP5s, Teenage Engineering OP1, Korg ESX2, Korg Prophecy, Clavia Nord Lead, Bass, Guitars.
http://soundcloud.com/motorradkinophone

telekom

Post by telekom » Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:37 pm

smart1123 wrote:going to see my buddy play (vinyl) at the Bayside Lounge here in Vancouver, get stoned, maybe get drunk, maybe get hi. Hang out with the bros.
Hi smart,
Where is the bayside lounge? I was in Van recently and didn't visit the BL. is it cool?

Hope you had a good night. :) You bad boy you. I recommend the Black Frog, 108 Cambie Street. The folk who own it are lovely. Good Guinness too. Mmmmm. All you BC "dudes" get down there. :)

M
MacBook Pro Retina, Live 9.5, Reason, UC33, KRK RP5s, Teenage Engineering OP1, Korg ESX2, Korg Prophecy, Clavia Nord Lead, Bass, Guitars.
http://soundcloud.com/motorradkinophone

rajcoont

Post by rajcoont » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:48 am

excellent to see ricky and the the rest of the boys getting noticed down south...finally canadian programming that isn't bland torture to watch; do you hear me anne of green gables? the maritimes is about skids and getting wasted alright?

zesty mordant and dressed all over 4eva

louZ

Post by louZ » Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:57 am

is this some kind of code language? :?
i'm spending my night cracking the code...

martin808

Post by martin808 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:06 am

yo telekom.

i met a few folk at plaid who said they'd been down the ferry and said the Skatalites were class. I guess you could have came to both.

Plaid was an ableton and decks DJ set (one guy on dex and one on his mac). they didn't play any of there own stuff (except it i think i heard a black dog tune). I was kinda dissappointed with them.

the dj that was on at the start was playin shit borin techno then another guy came on who was a bit better playin electro and techno.

after that Plaid started really good with some nice electro, throwin in bits of grime. but then they just went full on breaks and i got bored. some d&b then breaks again. most people were havin a great time, but most people i spoke to didn't know who was playin or who plaid was! (in fact, there was two geeky lookin lads down the front with laptops doin the visuals and most people thought they were the dj's)
They spoiled my night by bashin anthems. vitalic 'la rock' FFS!.....lil louis 'french kiss' f off! I can listen to that in my house any day. I've paid a tenner and i want to hear sometin exclusive.

after that i went back to my mates house, got pretty drunk, then woke my angry bird up at 6am tryin to get in her bed.

woke up saturday afternoon with angry bird went to a fireworks display then went to bed.

woke up sunday mornin with a happy bird. went and got drunk at an aucoustic night in a pub in the southside, came home wrote a drunken post then went to bed.

DeadlyKungFu

Post by DeadlyKungFu » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:05 am

rajcoont wrote:excellent to see ricky and the the rest of the boys getting noticed down south...

The Trailer Park Boys
hasn't really hit the US yet, it's odd waiting for it to break, I know it'll hit huge. The only reason I've seen it is because friends clued me in. I guess BBC America ran a season or two a few years ago but they BLEEPED out the dialogue (aka Ricky), unwatchable.

It's all aboat crimes under $1,00(CDN).

I hope the upcoming movie is what it can be.

'Cause when you're from the trailer park it's one for one and all for all'

suburbanbather

Post by suburbanbather » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:37 am

conny wrote: Know what, some years ago I was up in the north of Norway, no job, depressing, I was sitting in an empty room staring at the opposite wall paper and suddenly my eyes made the pattern flow together, producing some kind of 3D illusion... strong memory... only the electric socket stayed in 2D'ed, like trapped in some flat dimensional hole...

// C
I've had something similar to that happen to me. One night while i was watching The Shinning, I noticed something strange out of the corner of my eye. So I glance over and I see a two bright, neon, electric colors(blue and green) swirling around on top of one of those plates that go over the hole in the wall for an electrical socket. This happened for a atleast a minute and then the colors spiraled back into the wall through the plug holes.

I was 100% sober when this happened.

Also whenever I watch the stockmarket info roll along the bottom of the screen they go in waves.

DeadlyKungFu

Post by DeadlyKungFu » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:08 am

suburbanbather wrote: Also whenever I watch the stockmarket info roll along the bottom of the screen they go in waves.
May I have some of your spinal fluid... please? 8O