ACID PRO Y LIVE, TIENEN COMPATIBLIDAD?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
gusso

ACID PRO Y LIVE, TIENEN COMPATIBLIDAD?

Post by gusso » Tue Jul 22, 2003 9:06 pm

MI PREGUNTA ES, SI TENGO UN TRACK EN ACID, LO PUEDO ABRIR EN LIVE? SIN PERDER NADA DE LO HECHO EN EL ACID?

COMO PARA PERFORMANCE EN VIVO?

GRACIAS

GUSSO

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 22, 2003 9:33 pm

Hola Gusso.

No. Pienso que no lo puede abrir en Live.

La unica cosa que puede hacer, es "bounce" su audio a .aiff, .sd2 o .wav. Entonces, puede abrir ellos.

Perdóneme, pero no se las idomas para las computadoras en español. Y también, no recuerdo mucho de la lengua.

Si no entiende mi aviso, pregunta otra vez.

Logicat

janklug

Post by janklug » Tue Jul 22, 2003 9:36 pm

...dat lijkt mij ook wel! :wink:

(or, as the english say, "ai queso!") 8)

jan

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Tue Jul 22, 2003 9:45 pm

janklug" wrote:...dat lijkt mij ook wel!" :wink:
"I like that too", innit?

:)

-Paws

Don McJuan

Post by Don McJuan » Tue Jul 22, 2003 9:49 pm

aye, it's a braun bricht moonlicht nicht the nicht, ya wee bastid

janklug

Post by janklug » Wed Jul 23, 2003 8:52 am

"I like that too", innit?
no, more something like "i guess so"

(or, as the spanish say, "there is cheese") :P

j

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 23, 2003 12:33 pm

What's with the noise ?

Someone asked a valid question and for help using an application that we all support, and so I try to help.

Why are the rest of you bothering to add garbage to this thread?

Back off please or learn some Spanish and contribute.
Thank you.

Logicat
(not signed in)

janklug

Post by janklug » Wed Jul 23, 2003 12:51 pm

logicat, you're right.
didn't want to make fun of anybody; wish i could speak spanish (unfortunately other priorities at the moment, but would like to learn).

gusso, sorry for not answering seriously; i have to admit i didn't understand your question... (hope you understand my answer & that it wasn't meant ugly) :oops:

just last night after sitting behind these screens all day (and then the heat...) i felt like make some joke (more on my not-understanding of the spanish than on gusso asking something in his language), which shouldn't be taken too seriously.
(it's just that about the only spanish i speak that comes from a spanish friend, who told me about the english "i guess so" sounding like spanish "ai queso", so whenever he agreed to something i said, he answered "there's cheese", and reading spanish reminds me to that & i'm happy, but nevermind).

i'll behave better from now on.
ok?

jan

logicat2001

Post by logicat2001 » Wed Jul 23, 2003 6:35 pm

My dear Herr Dr. Klug,

You are a rare gentleman! Many thanks for your public response in a forum that is quite anonymous by nature.

I've been so disheartened by people's negative attitudes on this Ableton board lately (actually on most every forum I belong to), and this time I chose to voice my opinion.

My apologies for passing judgement on your humour.

I understand neither German nor Dutch, so I guess I'll never know the glories of a Pataphoon, but I do now know that the Pataphoon player has gained my respect.

(And hopefully Gusso returns this thread to it's original topic! :))

Best regards,
Anton aka. Logicat
writing from Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA

gusso

Open Acid project in Live ?

Post by gusso » Wed Jul 23, 2003 7:41 pm

Thanks Logicat and janklug

My answer is Acid Pro and Live are compatible ???

Open Acid project in Live ?

thats it

Thanks Again Logicat and janklug

Im a Latinoamerican and i proud for my language and my people!!!!

logicat2001

Post by logicat2001 » Wed Jul 23, 2003 8:19 pm

Hey Gusso...

Aqui esta mi solucíon en Ingles:

Normally, Live and Acid are not compatible. But, you can export or save your Acid file as an audio file (por ejemplo: AIFF, WAV, SD2). These audio files CAN be opened by Live.

Y otra vez, usando su mensaje:
"My answer is Acid Pro and Live are compatible ???"
No, los archivos de Acid Pro y Live no tienen compatibilidad.

"Open Acid project in Live ?"
No lo puede abrir en Live, y va a perder quo lo hecho en Acid. Pero, si puede "EXPORT" su audio en un typo de archivo differente (AIFF, WAV, SD2) va a tener bueno suerte.

Entiende?

Logicat

(Gusso: soy Puertorriqueño pero nací aqui y todavía estoy aprendiendo me propio idioma!)

monolake.

forum

Post by monolake. » Wed Jul 23, 2003 9:10 pm

( i wrote something about this tread and the ableton forum in general. then i found everything has been said and did delete it.)

This Forum is a truly amazing place on virtual earth.

cheers, robert / ableton

logicat2001

Post by logicat2001 » Wed Jul 23, 2003 9:32 pm

Robert,

Thank YOU to all at Ableton (and pre-Ableton) who decided to put their heart into a project and toolset, then turn around and offer it to the creative community at large.

It's a bold move to produce a piece of software for the sake of commerce, it's doubly bold to let a product of your passion and hard work be seen and heard and touched by all of us; then stand there and listen to all the honest feedback. I'm always impressed that so many of you keep an active, visible presence on these public boards. Bravo!

If this Forum is amazing, it is due in part to the good seed from which it sprouted.

Best,
Logicat

janklug

Post by janklug » Thu Jul 24, 2003 12:41 pm

:D ...now i'm happy again, just in time for vacation (to italy, not spain - or even latin america, which my car wouldn't reach).
I've been so disheartened by people's negative attitudes on this Ableton board lately (actually on most every forum I belong to), and this time I chose to voice my opinion.
...had the same idea; especially the mac/pc-[non]discussion and the involved hatred amazed (&not amused) me.
if i got the choice, i'd prefer to add pataphysical nonsense in place of frustrated sweartalk..
(well, of course adding in-context helpful advice is even better :wink: )
but still i like to hang in this truly nice forum, &not only to await the next version of live (well, a bit.. glad that it's there! :D )

well, has been nice to meet you virtually;
have a nice summer

jan

ps. anton aka logicat, the pataphone is just two sliding plastic tubes with a baritone saxophone mouthpiece, preferably with some delay & big amplification 8)

sOUlrEflEktOr

Post by sOUlrEflEktOr » Tue Aug 12, 2003 11:55 pm

well back to the original subject at hand..

i just started using ableton this week.. now im kinda bummed cuz i cant get my acid arrangements over into it and can't figger out a way to use acid as a instrument thru Live. Now I know they are both midi compatible so doesnt that mean you can link them? Now this may be an ignorant question as i have yet to explore Rewire .. will that have something to do with this?

Also the original question is quite actually a good idea:
Allow live to open acid sessions at least on a basic level like the tracks themselves, the tempo, the timing and the arrangement. The fx and all that other stuff dont really matter and can be reapplied.. yeah it would be sik to be able to open a completely uncorrupted Acid file....

Is somebody working on something like this for Live? I guess once i get used to arrangeing in Live itll be ok.. im not used to the interface and have lots to learn .. BUT i use an Oxygen 8 controller and live to sample into a live set with a hardcore rap metal band so im trying to be as useful as possible.

Anyway theres my 2 cents.. keep up the good work.
peace
sOUlrEflEktOr_vx27~mEdIAlAb
>end of transmission_