Why are western women fat ?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
radeon

Post by radeon » Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:44 pm

buzzcock wrote:People are fat and ugly in lots of places, not just the west. .
If you live out of europe and america there is much less fat people. I lived out of europe and it was a shock to to see so many fat people of all ages all over europe except the former easter bloc countries

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:45 pm

AdamJay wrote:health food stores are in the most affluent neighborhoods in America.

yet the first corporate business you will see in an impoverished neighborhood in America is McDonalds (KFC or Church's Chicken follow a close second)

Nutrition is for the wealthy in the USA.
it goes way beyond healthy food - gas is more expensive, food, everyday household goods etc is way more expensive in transient, impoverished neighborhoods - people less fortunate do not the luxury to drive or event take the bus 5 to 10 miles away for the cheap stuff / let alone drop the intial $100 for a Costco card (or have a job that provides one for free) - where as in the more well to do areas of the city people have a choice. No one will keep paying extreme prices for something, they'll jump in their car and drive down the street - they can afford the time and gas

Now Seattle is alot different than most cities - we don't really have impoverished neighborhoods - just transcient areas in the heart of the city and the university district

Some of the worst neighborhoods have been redeveloped to provide low income families to opportunity to BUY a home (and they do)

QFC is within bus distance from anywhere so even the mom and pop stores have to try and compete

this is why capitalism is good - it forces sellers to provide the best value for the product - without a choice you'd be screwed

I love America but will be moving out of this melting pot of garbage - to South America or Jamaica where my American dollar will get me a Villa, a maid and all the tortillas or Jerk Chicken a man could eat (never mind the civil wars)

I have no opinion on larger people - I wouldn't have sex with a large women but that's my decision - people are people get over it

peace
a
Ableton | Elektron

Music

quandry

Post by quandry » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:08 pm

interesting topic. I love america, but part of the beauty and downfall of our society is that we are a "drive thru" society. We want everything a quick and easy as possible--just look at all of the technological innovations we come up with to make life "easier". Many of these subvert or do away with activities which might involve exercise--drive thrus, delivery, take out, shopping malls, etc. Also, give that our nation is younger and really grew up during the industrial revolution and with Henry Ford, out infrastructure is much more based on mechanical means of transportation as opposed to old-school European cities based on walking. Thus, wheras most European and eastern cities and town, with much longer histories than ours are based on people walking to get food, to shop, to go to work and school. This is partially due to the fact that the cities are older, partially due to the fact that the countries are smaller in size and there isn't room for everyone to live in the suburbs in a stand-alone house with a yard and picket fence, which is the "AMerican dream", achievable due to our large landmass and relatively low population per square mile. Case in point--NYC being one of the older cities is much more a walking city than LA--very different. Bottom line is that the majority of Americans get very little exercise as part of their daily lives, and many also don't eat very healthy. That said, there are plenty of fine-ass women in our country.

Ryan
Dell Studio XPS 8100 Windows 7 64-bit, 10 GB RAM. RME Multiface, Avalon U5 & M5, Distressor, Filter Factory, UC33e, BCR-2000, FCB1010, K-Station, Hr 824 & H120 sub, EZ Bus, V-Drums, DrumKat EZ, basses, guitars, pedals... http://www.ryan-hughes.net

Benshik

Re: Why are western women fat ?

Post by Benshik » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:25 pm

radeon wrote: women voted britians males as the most handsome in the world
Oh my god, women are not only fat, they have absolutely no taste!
:wink:
Macbook 2.2ghz, OS 10.5.2, Focusrite Saffire, Microkontrol, Lemur

DJ RAY

Post by DJ RAY » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:30 pm

Wot's wrong with phat women? :P
Cue Sir Mixalot's Baby Got Back!

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:36 pm

My mum's not fat. Apologise or I'll come fucking kick your fucking teeth in, you fucking cunt.

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:05 pm

Here is my theory, why westerners are fat:

1) as was mentioned, prevalence of high calorie food
2) a economic cultural urging to consume. Open up a factory that pumps out HoHos, and you're gonna want people to buy HoHos and shove them in their pieholes. It's hard to retool to soy chips.
3) a feeling of lack of personal comfort: an unfortunate self-perpetuating cycle:
one consumes food to achieve the comfort that might otherwise be experienced in an intimate relationship. Once one begins the transformation into a "blancmange on legs", one's self-esteem drops further, creating the longing for more comfort.
4) sedentary lifestyle, couch potato culture.
4) the impression that losing weight is really really hard to do, so there is a psychological block towards trying. I think that once you slip the line into 30 lbs over, then it *is* harder, but not anywhere near as difficult as it's made out to be.

Overall, though, consider this: as I'm writing this, sitting in a coffee shop where this *Beautiful* totally slender woman (guessing early twenties) is sitting with her mom, who looks to be forties/fifties. Her mom is pear shaped, and I'd say she that at her peak had never achieved the level of radiance that her offspring has. I'd also say both my children are better looking than me, that is not saying much :) but does underscore the theory: I think that as the generations progress, the incidence of very very attractive people increases, and as long as they don't allow themselves to become lardbutts, the world gets more beautiful.
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.

lola

Post by lola » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:35 pm

Why are western women fat ?

Fucking consumers, kapitalism, media

claudek

Post by claudek » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:42 pm

Like in 7, GREED
Mac G4 Quicksilver 1000GHz / Motu 828 /OSX 10.3.9
&
Mac Ibook G4 800GHz OSX 10.3.9 /Core Audio/M Audio Oxy 8
PC: ASUS 2.8 GHz P4 / XP

Live 5.02

Emissary

Post by Emissary » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:59 pm

I wonder if I would get in trouble for saying all third world countries chicks were ultra mingers!

Give me a horny, slighty plump ,self depricating ,humorous english bird over some lithe mystical eastern woman any day of the week.

kramer

Post by kramer » Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:04 pm

Just a wild guess......

They are fat because...........

They eat too much? :P

louZ

Post by louZ » Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:14 pm

The problem with western women is they get fat at the wrong places: belly, ass and legs. Now there's nothing wrong with a big, fat ass, as long as it's nice and round. Western women's asses don't get round, they get wide. There's nothing worse than a flat, wide ass :x

This is why white women get no play with me!
Sistas have more class anyway 8)

sqook

Post by sqook » Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:24 pm

You know, in some cultures, being fat is sexy... it can be seen as a sign of wealth and prosperity. Maybe instead of trying to fix the problem, Americans will just redifine it away. It worked for the "War on Terror".... erm, I mean, "The Global Struggle Against Violent Extremism".

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:47 pm

we used to laugh at fat America from here in the UK, now we are all fat mingers too.
Its a global disease of bad diet, overwork (leading to slumping with a TV dinnner) and poor education. And rampant capitalism.

We'll all get slim again after the apocalypse, I wouldn't worry about it.

mech000999

Post by mech000999 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:40 am

the ghey is especially strong in this thread.