Is there any way to make the text bigger?

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
LiveLong

Is there any way to make the text bigger?

Post by LiveLong » Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:14 am

In the file browser? I have a 1680x something resolution and it is hard to read from far.

serotoninsteve

Post by serotoninsteve » Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:16 pm

No way for the moment.

Greetings
MBP 15,4" 2,53GHz C2D 4Gb late 2008 / Mac OS X.6.2 / Novation Remote 37SL Compact / TriggerFinger / FaderfoxDJ2 / Padkontrol / UC33 / SM Audio TB202 / Audiofire2 / Apogee Duet / Event OPAL's / HD25 /

grfld

Post by grfld » Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:58 pm

Not a real solution, but: set your display resolution to exact half of your original display size. This doubles up everything but you will loose half of your space.

x/grfld

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:45 pm

this is also not a solution, but a thought I've been thinking.

what if we combine some kind of 'visually impaired' screen magnifying software with that hotkeys app that is in another thread right now?

I am thinking that we could not only open and close the browser but set up zoomed visibility for certain areas such as the browser, the current clip, the session window.

it might help get around that 'always peering at the screen' look of so many laptop musicians/DJs. If you could tap a key and see your 'record box' fill the screen (with the fonts at the equivalent of 30 point type) it would only need a glance.

I will investigate sometime soon.

LiveLong

Post by LiveLong » Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:31 pm

Angstrom wrote:this is also not a solution, but a thought I've been thinking.

what if we combine some kind of 'visually impaired' screen magnifying software with that hotkeys app that is in another thread right now?

I am thinking that we could not only open and close the browser but set up zoomed visibility for certain areas such as the browser, the current clip, the session window.

it might help get around that 'always peering at the screen' look of so many laptop musicians/DJs. If you could tap a key and see your 'record box' fill the screen (with the fonts at the equivalent of 30 point type) it would only need a glance.

I will investigate sometime soon.
Thank you all for reply.

Magnify should be great!!

Something I have tried is to have a regular windows window open behind live with icons for the trax, different like record sleevs :D and do a fast copy paste to the slot (key commands). My Nosstromo (or how ever the f. they spell that) is triggering the full screen mode and while not, Live is on half the screen.

It works. only thing is I would like to configure windows window so there is no side crap bar, asd's are not visible (Shortcuts will work,save half the space!!) and a few more out of the explorer. A plain square black background window.
Any info on advanced view options and configurations for windows?

Thanks.

longjohns

Post by longjohns » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:58 am

just googling and brainstorming,

have a look at this program - http://tasktracker.wordwisesolutions.com/

for hiding asd files??

borg

Post by borg » Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:37 am

wouldn't a folder with shortcuts to the files also help?
andy
2015 MBP, OSX 10.12, Live 10.1 64bit, RME Fireface 800