What's the score with Ableton updates?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Richard Crawshaw

What's the score with Ableton updates?

Post by Richard Crawshaw » Sat Aug 09, 2003 1:37 pm

Hi Ableton Musicians,

Just wondered if anyone has any idea if another update is planned (users or anyone from Ableton). I'm on the PC Windows version of 2.03 because I couldn't make the latest one work - it seems that other folks have had similar troubles.

I've found 2.03 to be excellent but yesterday my 2GHZ P4 CPU "maxxed out" running 6 tracks and no effects while I fiddled with "warp markers" on the fly, hmmmm, maybe just one of those things eh.

Just got the new Kraftwerk album and it's tip top!!!! do they use Live?

"We are the robots"

Rich C.

dirtystudios

Post by dirtystudios » Sat Aug 09, 2003 6:07 pm

version 2.1 is out, but i'm not sure if it addresses your issue.

k

raapie

Re: What's the score with Ableton updates?

Post by raapie » Sat Aug 09, 2003 8:57 pm

Richard Crawshaw wrote:Hi Ableton Musicians,

I've found 2.03 to be excellent but yesterday my 2GHZ P4 CPU "maxxed out" running 6 tracks and no effects while I fiddled with "warp markers" on the fly, hmmmm, maybe just one of those things eh.
have you tried saving the file and reopenning it to see if the problem still occurs? I am on 2.0.3 too. I hope Ableton solves the issues with 2.1.1, in fact I hope they solved a lot of bugs. even some small bugs are in my opinion annoying. but I am sure Ableton is working hard to get them solved.
Marco Raaphorst

music, sound & story maker

https://melodiefabriek.com

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 10, 2003 10:37 am

Hi Rappie,

No, I've not tried that but I'll remember it for next time - it certainly is a weird one but it's only happened the once.

I've also had error messages that advise you to save your work and then re-open the application.

Regards,

Rich C.

Credo

Post by Credo » Mon Aug 11, 2003 11:11 am

I have had no problems with 2.1.1 on OS X 10.2.6 ...but I didnt have much trubbles with 2.03 either.

That wonderfull Kraftwerk album sounds a lot like Live has been involved.
Anyone have information on that?

Im really impressed by the hihat works in Etape 2

C