'best' controller available = opinions?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
muthafunka

Post by muthafunka » Fri Jul 25, 2003 1:51 am

Not chained, Live 2 has the option to select 2 controllers, whether you could do this w/out a midi interface and by using only usb or chaining midi in/thru is......a question for someone else!
nek

jamm

2 controllers

Post by jamm » Fri Jul 25, 2003 9:12 am

Yes, you can use 2 controllers in live. Go to the preferences
and if your midi-interface have more than 1 in/out you can
use 2 controllers. I love to use the mixer and the
D-beam controller on my roland mc-505 and use the remote
25 at the same time
Greetinz Jamm.. :wink:

Splahmash

Post by Splahmash » Fri Aug 15, 2003 11:03 am

I have an Evolution UC-16 but it's v cheap feeling and plasticky and doesn't feel like it'd stand up to playing out for long. Has anyone tried the Kenton Control Freak with Live? Would this be a good idea?

nunrgguy

Post by nunrgguy » Fri Aug 15, 2003 1:20 pm

I just got the UC-33 this week - I'm only just starting to use it but it's very simple to program and very easy to set up Live to use it. I'm sure there are more expensive controllers out there but for Live this does just about everything you need. I'm conviced :D

abbc

yes it works to...

Post by abbc » Fri Aug 15, 2003 1:24 pm

Splahmash wrote:I have an Evolution UC-16 but it's v cheap feeling and plasticky and doesn't feel like it'd stand up to playing out for long. Has anyone tried the Kenton Control Freak with Live? Would this be a good idea?

Captain Magic

Post by Captain Magic » Fri Aug 15, 2003 9:06 pm

I'm using the M-Audio Oxygen 8, and yeah, it is built pretty cheap, but does a decent job.

I'm saving my pennies for the UC-33, I'd prefer the faders it has over the knobs on the Oxygen 8.

Anyone know the list price of the Korg microkontrol?

lasers and their beams

Post by lasers and their beams » Sat Aug 16, 2003 2:21 am

zzounds has a preorder price for the Microkontrol at , I think, $279US. Here is a link to the video if anyone hasn't seen it. I am such a stupid gear whore. I love the little lcd's above the encoders!

http://www.sonicstate.com/news/shownews.cfm?newsid=1134

mic-minimal

Post by mic-minimal » Mon Aug 18, 2003 8:33 am

anybody know when the mikro kontrol will be released, I just got the remote 25 but I want that one too, that should be more than enough control for a while.

The Hulk

Post by The Hulk » Mon Aug 18, 2003 6:39 pm

that's a sweet looking piece of gear. I hadn't seen that before. Hopefully it will let you map the pads, keys, and faders to 3 separate channels so you can use them simultaniously with different applications (maybe you can do that with the Edirol PCR-30 but I haven't figured it out yet). specificly controlling your keys in reason while assigning your pads and faders to Live.