reaktor as a plug in?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
thisiszero

reaktor as a plug in?

Post by thisiszero » Tue Apr 30, 2002 1:23 am

How can I go about using reakor as a plug in for live. I want to use some sequenced synths.

Phonon

Post by Phonon » Wed May 01, 2002 1:29 am

It can't be done. You can use it as a VST effect, but Live doesn't have the ability to send a VST instrument start and stop messages. You can, however, open up Reaktor as VST plugin, open a sequenced ensemble, hit play on the Reaktor transport, and record it's output as a loop in Live through the Master Output as an input. You can't do this while with tempo sync while live is playing, though.

If you open up Live as a Rewire slave to Logic or Cubase it's a whole different story. Then you just open any Reaktor ensemble you want as a VSTi and it syncs to all. I've been having a lot of fun with that lately. Live, Logic, Reaktor, and my hardware gear all acting in perfect harmony. It's good stuff.

chris_borgia

Post by chris_borgia » Wed May 01, 2002 3:26 am

I haven't tried it yet, but soon, and after reading your post maybe TONIGHT... LOGIC/LIVE and REAKTOR... and it is working for you solid,
Dreaming...dream, dream, dream...dreaming.. FUN.

what system are you runing this on, are you running it during a live show as in it is solid. one more quesion what OS.. XP? any other users that are running a simular combo?

Absynth/Live/logic...
Battery/Live/Nuendo...
FM7/Live/Logic...

that is my goal tonight to push this on my laptop and see how she handles...

::chris::

Phonon

Post by Phonon » Wed May 01, 2002 4:29 am

Yeah. It's been completely solid. Not a single crash and I've had about sixteen hours worth of sessions with the combo so far. I'm not taking it out live, though. This is studio only. The only software that I'll take out live is Live.

I'm running it on a PC
Windows ME (yes I know everybody says it's terrible but it has mysteriously been inredibly solid for me)
1 Ghz
PIII
768 RAM

I still have yet to max out the processor. The most I've used so far since I've combined all of this into one heap is twelve ReWire channels of Live running through Logic which is in turn running about four VST and DX plugs, Reaktor, one instance of Battery, my OASYS card interface, and some MIDI sequencing for the Microwave XT and the Triton. I'm at about 70% there.

Have fun. I'm so smitten by this software combo that I'm going to be one happy producer for the next year. The only thing that will make it better is if Cubase SX is all they claim it's going to be. Then I'll be kissing Logic goodbye.

thisiszero

Post by thisiszero » Sun May 05, 2002 1:31 am

I have cubase vst 3 and I cant get cubase to record reaktor. Im new and all and I think ive tried everything and nothing works. Can one of you guys help me?

thisiszero

Post by thisiszero » Fri May 10, 2002 2:44 am

help? :(

thisiszero

Post by thisiszero » Sat May 25, 2002 3:16 am

help me? :cry:

os

Post by os » Sat May 25, 2002 4:01 pm

To help we'd need to know whether you're using mac or pc, as the VSTi implementation of Reaktor differs on the two platforms. Also it depends which version of Reaktor you're using!
You might get more joy over at the Reaktor list at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/reaktor-list/

Like a broken record, I'll repeat at this point that this would all be so much easier if Live supported VSTi's directly. ;)

casioaz1

Re: reaktor as a plug in?

Post by casioaz1 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:02 pm

CPEREZZZ RULES !!!