5.03 , UGLY UGLY pops & glitches

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Machinate

Post by Machinate » Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:39 pm

henry ford wrote:Seems M-audio might be the problem , but then again - isnt M-audio one of the most common external soundcards out there ? Live-lite comes bundled with most of them (m-audio cards) , for gods sake.
you're so right, man... I think the main reason that we're seeing so many complaints about m-audio is that there are so many of the m-audio soundboards out there. Some guy who worked at a music-store said that their "return-ratio" was pretty good. Check it out when you get a chance - it may need to be at 128/256/512, depending on the temper of your Vaio.
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.

oldbetseysatan

Post by oldbetseysatan » Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:55 pm

I guess I must be one of the lucky ones cuz I've NEVER (knock on wood) had a problem with my M-Audio stuff.

And I have a FW1814, FW Audiophile and an Ozonic...

I mean I'm no M-Audio cheerleader or anything (I also have a PT TDM system, 001 and an Mbox) but other than the set-up program/dialogue going abit weird on me sometimes (automatically resets my current set-up every now and again) I really haven't had any bad luck.

R.
A 'live' musician struggling with technology...

10.5.8, Pro Tools 8.0, Logic 9.0.2, Reason 3.05, Live 8.0.9.

Old Betsey Satan - The Flower Shop 8 Track. "She fought long and she fought hard..."

jbible

Post by jbible » Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:14 pm

Same here. Running an m-audio delta 66 with no problems alongisde every release of ableton live since the release of v4.

I did the update to 5.0.3 but kept 5.0.2 on because I might end up missing some of the bugs.

rlahalla

Post by rlahalla » Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:39 pm

hey all,

running live503, getting no problems here on a Firepod, a US-122, and an E-MU 1212.

henry ford

Post by henry ford » Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:35 pm

[quote="MachinateI think the main reason that we're seeing so many complaints about m-audio is that there are so many of the m-audio soundboards out there. [/quote]

yeah , and m-audio pro-actively promote ableton live , and vice versa - what a failing it is for the abes to produce popping and crackling on their main audio interface base. boo hoo. i will not be spending money with ableton , out of spite , for a long time. i cant believe this piece of shit program received rave reviews months ago for little more then an ill functionioning PDC , and mp3 use (well....converting it to wav automatically...ya , where do i sign?)

'its such a revolutionary programme!!' .......the wheel was revolutionary , do we still praise every god damn piece of shit car that we come across ? sooner or later , you have to disconnect from the early prowess of ableton live - well...considering its so hideously faulty right now. which wouldnt be so annoying if they hadnt taken my money , months and months and months ago - rather than testing it out untill it really....REALLY worked as the label says it should.

by all rights and means , through the bill of european consumer rights - we are all entitled to a MOTHERFUCKING REFUND. it DOES NOT do exactly as it says on the tin.

rlahalla

Post by rlahalla » Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:04 pm

Try this:

Open Ableton - open the audio hardware preferences, and remove your soundcard from the device list, leaving no sound card active. close out of Ableton, and restart it. When you restart it, then go back and put the soundcard where it's supposed to be. Should reset your soundcard in ableton. Could be something else, but it works with some systems.