machinedrum fluctuating in tempo synced to live

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
markaugust

machinedrum fluctuating in tempo synced to live

Post by markaugust » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:14 am

not much, but it does.
i.e when the tempo is 127 in live you can see it jump around from 126.5 to 127.8 on the MD, and especially hear it on little melodiestructures you've made on the md...
I have a unitor 8 syncing the whole bunch.
is there a way to get the MD more steady at 127.0 sharp?
I know how to workaround it, but that is not what I want
:wink:
anyone else having the same thing?
pattern or song syncing does not differ....
I allready tried leaving out the md on the unitor and putting it straight to my digi 002, but same problem occurs.
I could sync live to the md, but don't really like that way of working actually....
anyone?
thnx

rlahalla

Post by rlahalla » Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:52 pm

This works the same way with my Alesis Fusion 6HD as well as with my micron, unless you sync to them [as you've stated] I don't like working like that either though.

jerryc

Post by jerryc » Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:03 pm

i would think you don't have the machinedrums midi sync set to external. when i sync mine to live, i dont see a tempo displayed on it. instead it says "ext"

markaugust

Post by markaugust » Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:32 pm

but then you put on the tempo button and can see what happens...
i.e tempo fluctuating

Groovecake

Post by Groovecake » Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:53 pm

I made a post the other day about Live fluctuating when sync'ed to another computer running Live. This could be the same issue.

jerryc

Post by jerryc » Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:55 am

oh, i'll have to check to see if my md does that.

jerryc

Post by jerryc » Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:08 pm

yeah, my md does the same thing.

markaugust

Post by markaugust » Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:13 pm

anyone knows a solution???

abletongeek

Post by abletongeek » Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:34 am

i got two computers running live in sync ... and for the most part 80% they're perfectly in sync once in a while the slave will react sluggish my solution-
restart both live applications and that clears the problem up..... my main complain is that theres pauses at times when im playing a midi file.....
i use all hardware .... it seems like midi hiccups i guess. very annoying especially when im creating a full-on bassline and all of sudden theres a short pause fucking up my full on bassline. that really is turning me off how can i work like that. i really like live's simplicity but not too happy lately with it...i get them sync'ed perfect so you all should be able to but remember it can get off sync once in a while i noticed it when im changing tempo's
the slave will lag and when everything is fine it's just PERFECT....
needs a lil work.... but those pauses gotta go and soon. i got two of these computer's sync since live is such a hog.... peace out just a reccomendation to those who bitch about live being very cpu intensive...
i think ima jump on cubase for my arranging purposes... and use life for timestretching and that kinda stuff i really love live but it just cant handle audio as i expected even with two computers sync.... sorry regardless i love live and been a loyal user since 4
le illusion perturbante