How many people are not satisfied with Live 5??

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Apocrypha

How many people are not satisfied with Live 5??

Post by Apocrypha » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:10 pm

I am just wondering with all the complaints about the Namm announcement. is it really that unstable? Buggy? Undependable?

I am still on Live 4. I haven't been overly excited about the eupgrade. I like the new features but none of them are 'must haves" to me.
Dual 2.5gig G5 with 2.5g/ram, DP 4.6, Live 6, Kontakt, Battery, Guitar Rig, EWQLSO Gold, Ivory, Pluggo, Waves, Tritone Digital, PSP, tons of free plug-ins, DFHS, BFD, Event ASP8's, Trigger Finger.....and a bunch of other shite.

peeddrroo

Post by peeddrroo » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:12 pm

i think you have to downgrade your signature.
it says Live 5.

Apocrypha

Post by Apocrypha » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:17 pm

Thanks, peeddrroo! I had put that there during the beta testing phase aand I thought I was going to buy it. It's been corrected. :)
Dual 2.5gig G5 with 2.5g/ram, DP 4.6, Live 6, Kontakt, Battery, Guitar Rig, EWQLSO Gold, Ivory, Pluggo, Waves, Tritone Digital, PSP, tons of free plug-ins, DFHS, BFD, Event ASP8's, Trigger Finger.....and a bunch of other shite.

elemental

Post by elemental » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:28 pm

The main thing for me is PDC. I could not live without it, and I struggled with live 4 becuase of the lack of PDC (having to adjust start positions in clips etc)

rasputin

PDC

Post by rasputin » Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:45 pm

That just goes to show how every Live user is different. I've never used PDC and don't know if I'll ever have a reason to. But other people have found it indispensible.

r.

henry ford

Post by henry ford » Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:50 pm

exactly, so you might be more inclined to think live5 works fine , whereas someone who needs PDC may consider it to be a piece of shit (hypothetical situation here) .....

this is important for satisfied live5 users to bear in mind, before admonishing indignant posts and threads. unless of course, they have a suitable solution which does not equate to sacrificing any of the functionality that live5 is supposed to be capable of on a general spec machine. everything being reasonable of course.

Mike Goodwin

Post by Mike Goodwin » Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:59 pm

PDC is a big deal for me because i use the UAD and Poercore DSP cards. It works well with these. I am very happy with live5. There are some things that bug me but I hope that they get improved and keep working away. I dont like the state of autowarp. I also do get some odd audio glitches on my desktop but I think that is more to do with hardware than live. The bottom line is I am not even thinking about changing to a different sequencer. So I just hope that live grows in a way that works with me.

inis

Post by inis » Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:38 pm

ive still never had a single problem with live 5 on either of my two computers. so, I love all the features of 5, etc.

WaveRider

Post by WaveRider » Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:01 pm

As a musician using live to make music mostly using VSTs, I had issues since live 4 that were not adressed in live 5 and do not seem to be in live 6... (namely the 128 parameter limit, auto oscillation of vst parameters, ... the long list of vsti that won't work in live, and the CPU overhead live has when hosting vsti) ....I am starting to shop for another host right now..... :cry:

...all ableton seems to care for are mac laptop djs... not my kind of precocupation.... you won't build my music tool I think..

dj_statikfire

Post by dj_statikfire » Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:26 pm

I'm very happy about Live 5, it's a huge improvement on 4.

However,

I never had crashing on 4, and I do now.

I suggest: upgrade anyway.

THX,
Jason D
www.statikfire.com
- downloads for club dee jays and internet radio stations
- forum with articles on mixing

Cone

Post by Cone » Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:29 pm

I'm kind of tired with the excess generalization that many people with problems tend to resort to. If they have a problem with Live, it automatically means that Live 5 sucks and Ableton is crap. Both statements are false, so that's really an attitude problem.

When there is something wrong with Live, and if Ableton is told about it, I'm sure they will do their best to fix it. I guess these whiners could be the same people who ask a question and then immediately bump it if they don't get an answer in 15 minutes.

D K

Post by D K » Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:45 pm

overall, i'm happy with it.
geared toward mac using dj's :?
just can't seem to understand that statement at all.
the auto update is priceless.....
also, i use midi out to another laptop for video, in 4 there were sync issues(delayed output) and in 5 it's really tight.
uses more cpu, but with freeze and a little management of ideas
it works great. not a crash here yet...
cheers
doug

marky

Post by marky » Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:26 pm

elemental wrote:The main thing for me is PDC. I could not live without it, and I struggled with live 4 becuase of the lack of PDC (having to adjust start positions in clips etc)
Really? How on earth did you cope without it in Live 4?

All these years I've never had PDC (and still don't have it in L4 and LP6) .. it's never stopped me from making records!

:D :D

nuperspective
Location: was: accrington [england]. now: melbourne [australia]

Post by nuperspective » Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:01 pm

the features in live 5 are good but it crashes way to much and i dont feel i could play out live with it.

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:41 pm

5 Is great.

There are some real IDIOTS here on the forum with very limited social skills, that are probaly matched by their computer skills!

:D :D :D