WORST MUSICAL MOMENT

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Brittney Sparse

WORST MUSICAL MOMENT

Post by Brittney Sparse » Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:33 pm

This is in direct opposition to the other thread going on about HAppiest MUSical Moments."

SO, what is your worst musical monent?

Mine may have been seeing the Replacement in 1986, being dragged there by drunken friends. The band was drunker than I. Awful. Didn't finish a song all night.

Personally, it was when I was using an RM1X, which I had a love hate sexual relaitonship with. THe damnt hing would send out weird commands to various devices every so often that made them shit the bed. Filters would suddenly get the Q cranked high and the Freq down low so I would blow out speakers. Awful. And I still miss the RM1X.

You?
----
\CATHODE RAY TUBE | HARD ELECTRONICA 4 HARD TIMES
\\CONDITION HUMAN| SYNTHETIC MUSIC FOR YOUR ORGANIC PLEASURES
\\\http://www.crtdot.com/
\\More CRT music on Component Recordings!
-----

Former Pharaoh

Post by Former Pharaoh » Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:18 pm

Anything that involves P Diddy has got to be the worst musical experience.
Be it Live, a ridiculous reality show, karaoke rap songs...everything he does is just horrible horrible horrible.

clipperer

Post by clipperer » Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:29 pm

well. that godzilla soundtracks wasnt to bad actually

mike holiday

Post by mike holiday » Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:01 pm

the first time i heard "happy hardcare"

and this stuff still exists!
dual 1.8 G4 10.4.9 w/768 ram & A&H xone 3D

"I ain't often right but I've never been wrong"

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:10 pm

Lincoln Park @ the Tacoma dome - compared to the Stadium show they did with Metallica 6 months prior at Seahawks Stadium this one sucked

plus I decided to quit drinking a month prior - I just sat there with this really hot girl

We smoked some Chronic but chronic isn't the love drug, if you know what I mean

anywho...I had a dream I forgot how to mix and I was playing before all the new school dj's in Seattle and all my records kept running out before I could drop 'em in the mix - scarey

a
Ableton | Elektron

Music

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:45 pm

there was that time when my analogue fell 2 meters just before a gig. That was pretty awful. It never really recovered.... loose circuits... chipped wood. Poor thing - at least it went down in battle.l
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.

Moody

Post by Moody » Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:20 am

Could of been the modern fashion sham of a party at the bar I stumbled into last night thinking that the guys slamn techno in town would draw an interesting laid back crowd. Maybe this is why techno is dead. I could really careless how much your shirt cost... I just want to drink beers, talk to chics and and listen to music that should make my head spin. What a joke things are becoming. :?
Ableton’s engineers are hard
at work developing code that will allow our software to predict the future, but we don’t
anticipate having this available until at least the next major release.

anti-banausic

Post by anti-banausic » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:39 am

Ah, yes...things are becoming really bad. The mentality the way it is now....either people want to listen to the latest hip-hop, top-40, or crap stuff anyway you look at it.

I had a long discussion tonight......

With a very smart person who listens to everything, and likes going out,...

and the reality is....

when you play stuff YOU really like, the energy comes through...

There are enough lemmings. Play and write what you really want and you will be, at the very least, true to you; even if you don't make the establishment happy.

Remember, that even now, thanks to DJ shadow, even that is commercially respectable, and while there is no problem with that, we all should like to be ourselves, right?

Cheers,
AB
Macbook c2d 2.0, 2G RAM, 160G HD 5400 RPM, OSX(10.5.5), XP Home, LIVE6, BCR 2000, UC33e, Yamaha P-200, Logic Studio, KRK V6 II

mike holiday

Post by mike holiday » Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:16 pm

anti-banausic wrote: when you play stuff YOU really like, the energy comes through...

There are enough lemmings. Play and write what you really want and you will be, at the very least, true to you; even if you don't make the establishment happy.

AB

well said, nice!!
dual 1.8 G4 10.4.9 w/768 ram & A&H xone 3D

"I ain't often right but I've never been wrong"

tekkers

Post by tekkers » Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:47 pm

worst moment has to be the night i played my biggest gig ever and as i was setting up on stage i realised i didnt have my AN1x keyboard..

basically we realised that we had taken it out of the house - put it against the wall and drove off without it...

returning home it was nowhere to be seen...

very stressed - so alot of red bull was consumed - had to ressign an1x sounds to rm1x sequencer sounds instead - on the fly as well as playing.... somehow managed to pull it off...

i went to the police station the next day - gave them a description of the keyboard and how i lost it

and after much amusement from them and all the 'how can u forget a big blue keyboard?' stuff

up it popped from beneath the desk!

8O

charvel-floyd

Post by charvel-floyd » Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:18 pm

My bass player accidentally kicked out my guitar pedal board plug from the wall socket. I played at least three songs w/o realizing it.

pepezabala

Post by pepezabala » Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:36 pm

tekkers wrote:worst moment has to be the night i played my biggest gig ever and as i was setting up on stage i realised i didnt have my AN1x keyboard..

basically we realised that we had taken it out of the house - put it against the wall and drove off without it...

returning home it was nowhere to be seen...

very stressed - so alot of red bull was consumed - had to ressign an1x sounds to rm1x sequencer sounds instead - on the fly as well as playing.... somehow managed to pull it off...

i went to the police station the next day - gave them a description of the keyboard and how i lost it

and after much amusement from them and all the 'how can u forget a big blue keyboard?' stuff

up it popped from beneath the desk!

8O

I once organised a D&B/Jungle-night in a basement of a castle in souther-germany. In the morning we drove all the rented equipment to my house and left it in the hallway. We needed to return the gear next afternoon. When I woke up I wanted to go to see my neighbours for a coffee, and when I went down I saw that all the equipment was gone. So I call my friends to tell them, "Great, you could have been waking me up for returning the stuff!!", but they asked me "Why, we did just wake up and wanted to come to your house now!". Oooops, someone stole a complete PA, decks, a huge electric piano, and all rented.

Thank god the neighbours had seen the van with the thieves and could describe it to the police. They found the van next morning, all the equipment was still there. Man I was sooo lucky. I would have been broke until today. This was the only time in my life I needed help from the police - and they really found the stuff.

Casual Beats

Post by Casual Beats » Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:03 pm

tekkers wrote: very stressed - so alot of red bull was consumed - had to ressign an1x sounds to rm1x sequencer sounds instead - on the fly as well as playing.... somehow managed to pull it off...
talk about stress - nice recovery :)

falterego

Post by falterego » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:42 am

State contest, trumpet solo. Not only worst musical moment, could be perhaps worst moment ever. - I simply nervoused myself into a performance that a 5 year old could easily have mustered. Was used to playing for about 4 hours before fatigued and nervoused myself into total exhaustion within 30 seconds.

Humiliated, I left the room (after finishing) and cried for an hour as I tried to walk it off.

They gave me a superior rating - but I knew it was a total sympathy call - the primary judge knew how I normally played - the rating didn't help. Man, TOTAL self destruction - :cry:
I have read to and agree with the terms of agreement agreed to be the aforementioned agreer and agreee

- Egan -

kennerb

Post by kennerb » Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:05 pm

Worst moment.

2nd grade. Santa claus play. I was one of the elves. They made me wear green tights thay you could see through. I had to make paper leaves at the last minute to put around my waste so my hoo ha wasn't prominently displayed. The leaves were pulled off by one of the reindeer on "accident" when I was in the middle of my santa's helper song. I think I might have run off stage crying but I can't remember. I blocked it out.
3ghz Pentium 4 (Prescott), XP Sp2, 1gig Ram, Dual Monitor with Matrox Millenium, MOTU Traveler, Event EZ8 Adat card. Also IBM THinkpad t40 1.6 1 gig ram