WORST MUSICAL MOMENT

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
spiderprod

Post by spiderprod » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:41 pm

the worst musical experience was D12 live , i got free tickets so i went , what a crap band .

djastroboy

Post by djastroboy » Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:02 am

the memory in my Sequential Circuits Drumtrax went blank at sound check for a New Year's Eve gig.
Backups were on cassette tape back then & of course it wouldn't restore.
That cassette thing never worked for me.
Took weeks of work to re-program those drum patterns.
We were opening up for a band from Atlanta called "86" and the heartbreak of losing that gig will never fade.
I Loved 86. Anybody remember them?

henry ford

Post by henry ford » Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:34 am

NIN were supposed to play at an indoor metal-fest in london, about 7 yrs ago. I lived in the west of ireland at the time, and was the only (serious) NIN fan amongst my peers...So I went alone, received some bad advice in which I was lead to believe that I would be able to withdraw my wages from english ATM machines. That turned out to be completely wrong, for the type of cash-card I had. Through a friend of my sister, I got the OK to stay at an aquaintance-of-a-friend's place, which was occupied by an angry, feuding couple. So I had 5 pounds in spending money to last me the three days, with angry people I didnt know. Well NIN would be worth it. But!...NIN fuckin pulled out of the gig, they were handing out flyers outside the venue explaining the drummer had a stomach virus. Turns out NIN knew this 5 days in advance (which they could have made public online and via teletext - but for obvious economic reasons, notification was saved until you arrived at the door, forcing you to accept a refund after you'd travelled from any random location in the eire & the uk...pigs!). Plus, perferct circle were playing at the same event (ok...im not a huge fan, I am a TOOL fan tho....so it was cool to see&hear maynard perform [he can sing exactly like he records btw]) and perfect circle had been touring with them loads that year, the drummer had filled in for them quite a few times and knew their set. Yet they still pulled out. Well...that weekend sucked. I'd rather suck shit off a sharp rock than endure it again. Surrounded by smelly goths and hairy bisexuals, with sweaty painted faces that will haunt me until my dying day

on the other hand, I blagged my way into a richie hawtin gig in barcelona, under the influence of lsd by performing what is best described as Positive-Mental-Attitude , or the jedi mind trick for all you star wars fans. A gig-pig was hovering at the bottom of a fire-escape , checking peoples wrists for ink-stamps to regain entry. I walked past him, and presented him with my blank wrist....he called me back and grabbed my wrist , brought it closer to him and he looked right at my blank wrist, than to me. Of course I believed there was a stamp on my wrist, and so in turn did he. So he waved me through, and proceeded to piss on someone elses parade. But wouldnt you know it, I was so sideways from the LSD I wasnt feeling in sync with richies rhythms and left shortly after. Hijinks ensued