[ot] marriage of convienience for 8,000 euro. would you?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
henry ford

[ot] marriage of convienience for 8,000 euro. would you?

Post by henry ford » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:43 pm

a southafrican woman who works in my town, and is known to a friend of mine, offered him 8,000 euro for a marriage so that she can get an irish citizenship, and thus a european citizenship. He turned it down, apparently its an open offer. So would you do it ?

I could use the money, but I dont want it to interfere with a visa application I plan on making after I finish college

eddit

Post by eddit » Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:53 am

For something a little more enjoyable, but just as questionable, you might like to bid on this

Earlier today it was up to 100,000, but it seems the bids are get removed.

That's alot of BCR units :)

sqook

Post by sqook » Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:55 am

Wow, if it hadn't been for your "ot" warning, I would have sworn this thread title to be the work of spambots... ;)

muthafunka

Post by muthafunka » Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:06 am

Aside from any implications for your own future visa, look at what's necessary time- and effort-wise for the whole marriage/divorce process ie forms you'll need to fill, offices you'll need to visit, 'ceremonies', signings, changing of addresses, interviews, consideration/construction of lies/false info, photographs plus more. Any family implications/stress if they find out? Try and find someone else who's done the same thing and ask them. A simply LEGITIMATE marriage between non-/Japanese here in Japan was enough of a drag to make me think that I'd want more money than that. You'll probably have spent the money when you're still dealing with the marriage in some way and that's when it'll start feeling like a drag. It's also v. unlikely it'll be a purely business relationship as you'll have to spend time together and inevitably get to know each other well, and all that that implies.
Basically, it may sound like a lot but you'll be earning it for sure. Easy-ways-out like this are very rarely easy in reality.

louZ

Post by louZ » Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:18 am

Also think about the fact that you'll be partially responsible for her actions. So if she gets in financial trouble, you will be too. Don't know what the Irish marriage laws are like though.

When I was 18 an aquantance asked me the same question... only he wanted to get citizenship for a prostitute :?
I should've asked about the benefit package :D

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:21 am

louZ wrote: Don't know what the Irish marriage laws are like though.
They believe there's a pot of gold at the end of every rainbow... .. BWAHAHAHAHA...

Henry, I think that they would make you pay her $8,000 to put up with your smart ass... also why is it every south african woman i know wants to marry someone for a visa...

henry ford

Post by henry ford » Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:00 am

heh..fair point. Ultimately, its bound to be more hassle than its worth. So tempting tho...

spiderprod

Post by spiderprod » Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:39 pm

8000 euros is a rip off , you can find someone in london who would marry anyone for about £1000 (1500euros) & then divorce you after 2 years .

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:24 pm

I think I would.

Not for the money (though I'd still take it), but because circumventing our non-sensical and blatantly racist immigration laws would make me feel veddy good about myself.

Due to said laws, though, I won't be able to do this before I'm 24 though. If under the age of 24, a Danish citizen can't marry a non-EU citizen and expect to be able to live in Denmark. I know a a couple of people who've had to (and pay their taxes) in Sweden cos of this. Brilliant, I'm sure you'll agree.

-Paws
Suit #1: I mean, have you got any insight as to why a bright boy like this would jeopardize the lives of millions?
Suit #2: No, sir, he says he does this sort of thing for fun.

dj_statikfire

Post by dj_statikfire » Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:37 pm

Going rate here in Chicagoland is about $20000 cash, and she'd be most likely from Ukrain, Poland, or other Eastern Europe / Slavic nations.

THX,
Jason D
www.statikfire.com
- downloads for club dee jays and internet radio stations
- forum with articles on mixing

drush

Post by drush » Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:38 pm

what, is there some kind of sign-up sheet? :lol:

LJ Martin

Post by LJ Martin » Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:44 pm

For a kiwi to marry a Japanese in 1992 the goung rate was about $50000 NZ plus a holiday in Japan (all expenses) plus a year of living expenses (family paid his rent for a year), I knew someone who was brokering these marriages for about a year.