External Hard Drive Question

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Keyser Soze

External Hard Drive Question

Post by Keyser Soze » Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:27 am

A question regarding external Hard drives. I am thinking of getting a Maxtor USB with Firewire 400 with 300 GB plus 16 MB of Cache Buffer for my laptop (a Maxtor One Touch 3- they have more or less just come onto the market). Anyone have an opinion on this type of drive? Should I maybe go for a Carillon system and supposedly more "pro"? The Maxtor is significantly cheaper and good value for money.
Does it matter what type of drive it is in terms of brand, or are they just all basically the same?

Thanks

P.S. By the way I won't be using the USB connection. It will be connected to the laptop by firewire only.
Last edited by Keyser Soze on Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Keaton always said, "I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him." Well I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me is Keyser Soze.

Keyser Soze

Post by Keyser Soze » Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:37 am

deleted message
Keaton always said, "I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him." Well I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me is Keyser Soze.

radeon

Post by radeon » Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:51 am

It working fine. Try it and see. :)
Last edited by radeon on Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Keyser Soze

Post by Keyser Soze » Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:13 am

radeon wrote::x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
I see that you have been neglecting to take your Thorazine again Radeon!

radeon

Post by radeon » Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:18 am

your are so making the stooopid.
I take your pants down and spanking you hard if your not good. Maybe you like as you are gay queen :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

radeon

Post by radeon » Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:23 am

I post your pm messaging yousending to me
Hey.......White Boy! Im cummmmming to get you, Keep those cheeks nice n tite for me. Mmmmm Yummmmy!
You so gay :!:
Last edited by radeon on Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

HD1

Post by HD1 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:30 am

radeon wrote:your are so making the stooopid.
I take your pants down and spanking you hard if your not good. Maybe you like as you are gay queen :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
radeon wrote:RODNEY PUTER
is not serious guy hes not haveing 20k because he dont think anythiinks from suggestions but important he not pay any sense to suggestings of good hardware or pro tool that I mention early.
lol. I say 'fuck protools' and you say I'm 'not serious guy' , and you engage in homo-erotic verbatim and smiley exchanges, and think the rest of the world is concerned about your private messages ?

ha, maybe you'd prefer to spend 20k on a sex change

If you are on a budget, and dont record stuff live in your room - I wouldnt recommend the carillion. I was sussing out www.sub.co.uk , another 'pro' audio solution. Which I suppose they are, but they cost a tonne because theire fans run silent etc, whereas you could get a similar spec 'consumer' machine for practically half the price. That is, if you dont record live stuff often enough to be annoyed by going to lengths to record something without the annoying cpu hum in the background.
Last edited by HD1 on Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Keyser Soze

Post by Keyser Soze » Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:34 am

radeon wrote:I post your pm messaging yousending to me
Hey.......White Boy! Im cummmmming to get you, Keep those cheeks nice n tite for me. Mmmmm Yummmmy!
You so gay :!:
If Thorazine doesn't work for you, I hear that there is other stuff on the market that can help. Maybe you should ask your psychiatrist to prescribe you Clozapine, Riperidone or Olanzapine. Apparently Clozapine works very well and may even cure you.

Good luck with the medication.

radeon

Post by radeon » Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:51 am

RopeyPunter wrote: you engage in homo-erotic verbatim and smiley exchanges,

Hello Mr Kayser Soze You making Soooo obvious to qoute me post from other place :lol: i read all your postings remembers :wink: so i knowing you are many face in disguise in all your faceings you are to curse troubles only.

You have Micro Size Penis so you must feeling :cry: :cry:
So needle-dick go home to ma and get the spanking and nose wipings.
Goodbye
Kayser.rodney :wink:

HD1

Post by HD1 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:55 am

much sadder than I imagined. I'll be ignoring you radeon, and I'll leave you two to iron out your differences in private. Please, dont post your private messages to the rest of the community .

Keyser Soze

Post by Keyser Soze » Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:11 am

RopeyPunter wrote:...

much sadder than I imagined. I'll be ignoring you radeon, and I'll leave you two to iron out your differences in private. Please, dont post your private messages to the rest of the community .
Thanks for your response RopeyPunter regarding the external hard drive question. But are you saying that a more consumer oriented machine like the Maxtor would produce quite a bit of noise?

By the way I have never sent that DICKHEAD Radeon any private messages. He has a serious psychological mental disorder and as you say it is best to ignore him and let him wallow in his delusions and sheer idiocy! I too will ignore him, which is what I should have done in the first place.

radeon

Post by radeon » Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:13 am

So I thinking you are kayser so as well as many different faces. I thinking his pm not so funny but is the serious gay man. would you send pm like so ?
So suck my left hairy ball! :P

radeon

Post by radeon » Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:15 am

Keyser Soze wrote:Thanks for your response RopeyPunter .
He talking to himsleves! :lol:

Ok I leave it now no persons being angry or hhurting. SO kayser tell the rtuthfull about you. You are gay it is ok peoples will be cool with you. :wink:

HD1

Post by HD1 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:22 am

kayser, as regards the pro/consumer pc topic I believe its the case. I havent read it, or heard it from someone. Its just what I conclude from comparing them, but I'm no IT expert. If you will be mostly using the pc to record synths and such (ie , no mic recordings) ....I dont see why you should shell out the big dollars for a silent PC. Other things come into it too, like how fast the hard-disk spins. But on sub.co.uk they were running at 7200 (which seems standard for pc) but also included a 75 gig 10k rpm hard drive. Besides the 'silent' treatment, and 10k rpm hard drive, I found no other technical difference between sub.co.uk which was asking 10k for a similar dell machine which would sell for 5k ..........

tho, I have no doubt that you you'd be happy with a red sub machine, but for the thrifty it isnt so black and white

mercyplease

Post by mercyplease » Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:37 am

Kayser you tried to make a name for yourself on this forum by acting like an obnoxious twat piggybacking on the infamy of djretard
I remember silently backing against djr a mistake I wont be making this time

a one time post-off from a regular member