Tempo Recording...

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Ataru_Moroboshi

Tempo Recording...

Post by Ataru_Moroboshi » Wed Dec 19, 2001 4:47 pm

Perhaps this is already possible and I have not figured it out, but last night I was distraught to discover that Live doesn't automatically record your tempo changes...

I played back what i had just done, and all the effects and samples played back correctly, but at a constant 100, instead of starting at 40, going to 120, dropping to 10 for a measure...

this is one of my favorite things to do, so not being able to record this really really frustrates me.

Ataru_Moroboshi

Post by Ataru_Moroboshi » Wed Jan 09, 2002 4:33 pm

is no one else bothered by this?

how can you possibly play a 50 minute set and not change the tempo!

makes recording what you do pointless for me...

Ataru_Moroboshi

Post by Ataru_Moroboshi » Fri Jan 25, 2002 8:16 pm

some one has to be as frustrated with this as i am... no?

seems like misleading advertising to say you can record everything you do, but not be able to record the tempo changes!

please tell me this is on the agenda for Live 1.2

iplaylive

tempo recording

Post by iplaylive » Fri Jan 25, 2002 10:24 pm

yes, tempo recording would be a welcome feature. in order to record global changes like tempo there will have to be something like a master track.

another thing that bothers me is that the tempo can only be increased by 1 bpm steps using the keyboard. you can enter 10ths and 100ths only by typing the numbers. it would be nice if each individual digit could be selected seperately, so you can choose the stepsize to inc or dec the tempo.

better still would be tempo control by continuous conrtollers...