Impulse vs. Battery vs. Linplug RM IV vs. DR008 vs. LM4

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
sonsofthehounds

Post by sonsofthehounds » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:20 pm

impulse...low cpu use..can't fcking notice the difference in sound between it and battery to be honest. Very un-complicated, Less time spent setting things up, more time spent writing drum patterns. I have a grip of drum samples...just drop them in till ah get something i like. K.I.S.S.
macbook 2.16 ghz, live 6...studio with gear now gathering dust.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:55 pm

Nah, I just save all year and only invest in a few select pieces. I really don't have much gear anymore.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:01 pm

Tarekith wrote:I just got a Machine Drum SPS-1UW the other day. Trust me, don't get a VSTi, just keep saving for the Machine Drum. ;) Definitely get the UW version, the live samlping is too much fun.
AUDIO SAMPLES NOW!!!!!! yay! Live sampling rules ALL!
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:12 pm

I'll have some stuff posted shortly, gotta run to the dentist real quick though :(
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

HD1

Post by HD1 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:32 pm

Tarekith wrote:I just got a Machine Drum SPS-1UW the other day. Trust me, don't get a VSTi, just keep saving for the Machine Drum. ;) Definitely get the UW version, the live samlping is too much fun.

ohhh, looking forward to getting my dirty paws on it....got any mp3's of you fucking with it, using the live sampling?

edit: my sentiments exactly machinate!

Rahlo

Post by Rahlo » Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:56 am

ILTK wrote: Needs to be able to route sounds to outputs, say I want my hihats going to out #1
Impulse CAN route each slot to a different output. Just create another audio track and set the input to whichever impulse slot/sound you want.
peace,

rahlo
------------------------------------------------------
http://www.rahlo.com

MacBook Pro, Live 8, Reason 4, Akai MPD 32, Akai MPK 49, Akai APC 40, Metric Halo ULN-2 expanded, Apogee Duet.

Rahlo

Post by Rahlo » Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:05 am

rahlo wrote:
ILTK wrote: Needs to be able to route sounds to outputs, say I want my hihats going to out #1
Impulse CAN route each slot to a different output. Just create another audio track and set the input to whichever impulse slot/sound you want.
never mind. :oops:
peace,

rahlo
------------------------------------------------------
http://www.rahlo.com

MacBook Pro, Live 8, Reason 4, Akai MPD 32, Akai MPK 49, Akai APC 40, Metric Halo ULN-2 expanded, Apogee Duet.

kenn michael

Post by kenn michael » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:54 am

ILTK wrote:
kenn michael wrote:
ILTK wrote:Impulse needs to following to be usefull to me:

Needs to be able to route sounds to outputs, say I want my hihats going to out #1
it can already do that. create your audio tracks and set the input of the tracks to the outputs of the individual impulse slots.
Yes I know, but you can only have one sound on each audio track the way it's done now, but if they expand Impulse with 16 slots or more then the way they do it now is going to become a mess so there should be output groups instead, like a,b,c,d then you can route cymbals to group a, create an audio track and select output group a.
ahhh... gotcha... although the workaround to that is to use those 8 audio tracks as busses to which you can output to additional audio tracks... ie tracks 5-8 with your hihats going could be output to just one more new audio track...

yea, lots of routing, etc... but until they add the feature the way you requested it, you can still use the workarounds.