[OT] We need an OT forum

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
sqook

[OT] We need an OT forum

Post by sqook » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:02 pm

Ok, I hate to rant, but I'm getting really tired of seeing everything from political soapboxing to nutto conspiracy theories to reposting whatever the latest cool music-related article from macrumors/slashdot/wired/wherever. On the plus side, these threads are (sometimes) interesting, and at least people have the courtesy to mark them as such. However, I think most people agree that music should continue to be the focus of this forum, and if we want a place to talk about other crap, then we should do it there.

So, at the risk of adding more noise to the signal, I humbly request the community (and the forum mods, who are unlikely to do this I realize) to add an OT forum.

Oh yeah, and a "post your music" forum would be nice too, as long as we're wishing for things... ;)

telekom

Post by telekom » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:47 pm

[ON Topic]

I don't agree. I like finding all kinds of crap in the general forum. I often ignore it, but I like the fact that people can post a wide range of stuff. I like this place because it's like a pub full of like-minded people. But if you go into a pub full of like-minded people, and then shout "Stop talking about politics! We should be talking about music!" ... then it wouldn't be a pub I'd stay in for very long. :)

No offence. But I like things this way. And I have no objection to a music forum, that would be cool.

My 2p :)
MacBook Pro Retina, Live 9.5, Reason, UC33, KRK RP5s, Teenage Engineering OP1, Korg ESX2, Korg Prophecy, Clavia Nord Lead, Bass, Guitars.
http://soundcloud.com/motorradkinophone

sqook

Post by sqook » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:00 pm

telekom wrote:No offence. But I like things this way. And I have no objection to a music forum, that would be cool.
None taken. I like some of the Ot threads, too. I just think they should be in a different place so they are separated from what should be the "meat" of this forum. If you want to kill time by finding cool shit, then by all means, post it all in the OT forum. :)

DeadlyKungFu

Post by DeadlyKungFu » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:47 pm

Irony of the thread aside... would that move the 'offending' threads to another place or create more of them?

Speaking of which, I guess Ableton is now perfect as Henry Ford hasn't been around, I knew they'd get it right...

telekom

Post by telekom » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:06 pm

DeadlyKungFu wrote: Speaking of which, I guess Ableton is now perfect as Henry Ford hasn't been around, I knew they'd get it right...
Shit man don't tempt fate!

Let's just agree that Live IS perfect and then there won't be any ON topic posts here either!

:P
MacBook Pro Retina, Live 9.5, Reason, UC33, KRK RP5s, Teenage Engineering OP1, Korg ESX2, Korg Prophecy, Clavia Nord Lead, Bass, Guitars.
http://soundcloud.com/motorradkinophone

henry ford

Post by henry ford » Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:36 am

oh..I'm here. And they havent got live right yet.
I've found more inconsistencies in session view. Such as recording in session view: when I stop and hit play again, it doesnt play the sequence I just recorded...it just continues the last clips that were on (part of the 'live plays in the middle of the beat' feature). So then you stop those, and hit play. And again more problems because now it doesnt play the sequence at all, just silence.

Also if a midi track is active (so you can input with your keyboard for example) and you are recording and playing in session view, for some reason session view remains recording data from the midi track even tho I have stopped it. Session view is a mess when I try and record parts.

I havent gone away, I've just given up posting messages for sychophants to say I'm a troll.

forge

Post by forge » Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:24 am

No we dont. And I Love George Bush, Jesus and Macs. And all you liberal commies who disagree are freedom hating evil doers.