20k to spend

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
HD1

Post by HD1 » Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:26 pm

forgie wrote:Yeah, I have the iBook you got, and it's a great little machine for the price, but it ain't no Core Duo MacBook Pro (which is a shit name btw). I'd save your authorisation for the iMac too.

You lucky son of a #$%. That's all I can say. Will you invite me around for a jam session? We can send a copy of whatever we come up with to radeon when we've got a rough mix.... I'm sure he'd love that.

yep, anytime you are around just send me a message and we can get high as lords and warp sound. i dont live in australia by the way, tho if i did melbourne would be the place.

peace out!

hambone1

Post by hambone1 » Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:44 pm

Nice stuff, dude... enjoy (and insure)!

And don't worry about assholes like radeon.

mercyplease

Post by mercyplease » Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:07 pm

:arrow:
Last edited by mercyplease on Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mercyplease

Post by mercyplease » Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:16 pm

Theres one person on this forum that has used the words mongrel and beastiality when sticking another member. ropey has been here before.
NUFF SAID
:roll:

HD1

Post by HD1 » Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:17 pm

wow, you're a real loser if you monitor that kind of thing. and a moron if you begin to concoct multiple personality theories from it.

there's only one person on this forum who has thought I am someone else. and that is radeon, who on another thread claimed I am 'keyser soze'.

at any rate, even if I was someone else....so what? the point remains that I had something to spend, you said I was a liar and told me to post pics, so now I have.

go ahead and say sorry like a good boy or remain to be seen as a hypocrit as well as a troll.
I take offense to being called a liar by a nobody, as indeed any self-respecting individual might.

so fuck you radeon/mercyplease....you hairy mongrel who nobody likes except the makers of dog food.

edit: so I checked mercyplease profile, since he/she only had 3 posts and was making crazy accusations about me....and I naturally suspected radeon. anyways, as I write this mercyplease has made 3 posts, two on this thread....and low-and-behold 1 in the other thread where radeon claimed I was some one else, kayser soze.

http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic. ... highlight=
mercyplease wrote:Kayser you tried to make a name for yourself on this forum by acting like an obnoxious twat piggybacking on the infamy of djretard
I remember silently backing against djr a mistake I wont be making this time

a one time post-off from a regular member

I thought I had seen the extent of your stupidity radeon....I was wrong! your hypocracy knows no bounds, neglecting to apologise when you said you would, and condeming people as having multiple nicknames when you yourself are polluting this board with as many nicknames as you have brain cells.

forge

Post by forge » Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:49 pm

Ropey, come on, stop biting - someone's sitting there in a seedy darkened room laughing with glee at how much you're taking the bait!

I defiinitely replied far more times that I should have

BTW radeon has a somewhat *distinctive* style of English, I dont think that was him

D DAS

Post by D DAS » Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:25 am

I second that, radeon does not get a gold star on his spelling. That post was almost perfect.

HD1

Post by HD1 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:50 am

yes...I realise I'm down in the mud when I take the bait...

its a shame you have to put up with this nonsense on this forum

forge

Post by forge » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:01 am

RopeyPunter wrote:yes...I realise I'm down in the mud when I take the bait...

its a shame you have to put up with this nonsense on this forum
nah there will always be one or two, you just have to not take the bait and they soon get bored - there's been a good selection over the last few years, sometimes it's quite entertaining

the only downside is a bit of grief from a couple of dickheads seems to have stopped Adam Jay visiting and he was one of the most useful around...I'm sure he'll be back sooner or later though :wink:

radeon

Post by radeon » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:44 pm

RopeyPunter wrote: go ahead and say sorry like a good boy or remain to be seen as a hypocrit as well as a troll.
I take offense to being called a liar by a nobody, as indeed any self-respecting individual might.

so fuck you radeon/mercyplease....you hairy mongrel who nobody likes except the makers of dog food.

edit: so I checked mercyplease profile, since he/she only had 3 posts and was making crazy accusations about me....and I naturally suspected radeon. anyways, as I write this mercyplease has made 3 posts, two on this thread....and low-and-behold 1 in the other thread where radeon claimed I was some one else, kayser soze.

http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic. ... highlight=
mercyplease wrote:Kayser you tried to make a name for yourself on this forum by acting like an obnoxious twat piggybacking on the infamy of djretard
I remember silently backing against djr a mistake I wont be making this time

a one time post-off from a regular member

I thought I had seen the extent of your stupidity radeon....I was wrong! your hypocracy knows no bounds, neglecting to apologise when you said you would, and condeming people as having multiple nicknames when you yourself are polluting this board with as many nicknames as you have brain cells.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yes I am mercy please do not be bad to me. Ropey you are really big idiot and massive liar. I tell you I wanted to see dated ticket to prove new purchase complete with box. I say this your really stupid so you claim to have 20k but end up buy a Mix Wizard :lol: :lol:
Listen to me little masturbating boy you are A Bionic Miopic Bumbling Fool who has no clue for recording audio.

Aplogisees to you?? :roll: YOu will have to pays me 20k to make apology to a Troll. YOu call me a troll but I bet I will be here much longers than you :wink:

radeon

Post by radeon » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:46 pm

:idea:

forge

Post by forge » Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:42 am

so when do we get that "mute user" button like on KVR

I'm getting really sick of this arsehole

andrewj

Post by andrewj » Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:31 pm

Okay here is my peronal investment list for 20k (Would love to get acheque like this!!!):

the following things are absolutely needed in my opinion:

High Q Monitors (Dynaudio, Event or ADAM Audio would be my recommendation) Let's say we spend 2000 Euros for them.

An Incredible Interface or two! My recommendation would be the metric halo 2882! buy two of them to get 16 very good analog outs and ins! Price 2400 Euros! I don't know which interface you would prefer, but I would recommend Apogee, Metric Halo or RME. To my Metric Halos interfaces are punchier and flavour the material in a very kind way! The RMEs are the most neutral ones to my ears.

Third investment would be the Apogee Big Ben. This Word clock brings you an incredible boos in audio quality. It will eleminate nearly all zipping and unwanted sound in the lower or more silent parts! 1500 Euros for that, I think.

Now we paid 6100 Euros

Perhaps it is time for analog summing now? I do not know if this is what you want, but perhaps you should buy a tool for that? The Audent Sumo is very good for 1600 Euros.

Say goodbye to 7700 Euros

Now it is time for the holy grail in sounddesign: The vocal pipeline! I would recommend this:

Microphone: The Brauner stuff or the Soundelux Mics are the ones to buy! What about Brauner Phantom V or Soundelux iFet 7? One of them will cost 2000 Euros! I would try them and choose the one you like most! Brauner to me!

Mic PreAmp! Yes there are phantom powered inserts in the Metric Halo Interface! But this is not the quality we want to use, because right now we are in the high end league, baby! So the standard choice for me here: Brent Averill 1272 Pair! This is a superior PreAmp with a fat and warm sound! Plus you get two DI Inputs to give your keyboards, synths or whatever a bit HighEnd Analog flavour.1800 Euros for that!

We are here: 7700 Euros for the BackEnd plus mic and preamp 3800 = 11500 Euros!

Finally here is the stuff you need also:
MacBookPro with more Ram plus Ableton Live= 4000 Euros will bring us to 15500 Euros!

4500 Euros left! Here are some importnat additions I would make:

First a highend compression set up for important tracks and mastering: Empirical Labs Distressor with British Mode Pair = 3200 Euros Or a Universal Audio 2-1176 Compressor (3000 Euros!)

PlugIn EQ and compression? Sonalksis or URS (TriTone Digital might also be a good choice!)! Let's say 1500 Euros for that and the money is away! And you are definately ready for superior sound!

After that you can still invest in a A/D D/A stereo set up for very important things or the master 2-Track! Think of Crane Songs HEDD for 2400 Euros. Also good choices would be: the converters from Benchmark, Lavry Engineering or Weiss Audio! Perhaps also the Universal Audio converter!

Also good investments would be: Good outboard from Crane Song, Empirical Labs, Manley, Millenia, Universal Audio, Chandler... or TC Powercore and additional Pluggies. Good Luck!