start delivery of LV2 / LX2

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
faderfox

start delivery of LV2 / LX2

Post by faderfox » Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:50 pm

hi guys,
we start the delivery of the new modules LV2 and LX2 on march 06.
please order by now
further informations on our web site http://www.faderfox.de
cheers
mathias

markthedoc

Post by markthedoc » Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:17 pm

:o :D

thelike5

Post by thelike5 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:07 pm

Sorry... you guys lost me at 48 euros to ship to the states... I was afraid this was going to happen. (Ableton and many other companies) have adjustments in their pricing in regards to the Euro vs. the dollar. For a faderfox controller to hit North America it's gonna cost us over $350 which frankly is just too much cash...

Bummer that... :cry:

dj roman

Post by dj roman » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:30 pm

thelike5 wrote:Sorry... you guys lost me at 48 euros to ship to the states... I was afraid this was going to happen. (Ableton and many other companies) have adjustments in their pricing in regards to the Euro vs. the dollar. For a faderfox controller to hit North America it's gonna cost us over $350 which frankly is just too much cash...

Bummer that... :cry:
ditto.
XP Sp2, 3.0ghzP P4 HT, 1GB 3200DDR Motu 828 mk2 FIREWIRE, Korg Kontrol49, Xone 92,
Reason 3, LIVE 5.02
www.SceneOrlando.com
I JUST FINISHED READING THE MANUAL. I STILL HAVE FREAKING QUESTIONS.

9pod9

Post by 9pod9 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:19 pm

"Sorry... you guys lost me at 48 euros to ship to the states... I was afraid this was going to happen. (Ableton and many other companies) have adjustments in their pricing in regards to the Euro vs. the dollar. For a faderfox controller to hit North America it's gonna cost us over $350 which frankly is just too much cash...

Bummer that... :cry:"

Same here. I was really looking forward to the LV2 and LX2 and have been holding out for their release, but the total cost with shipping and everything is way, way, way too high. I've been eagerly checking the "Buy" page on the Faderfox site for weeks, and my heart sank when I saw those prices.

I'm extremely disappointed there isn't a controller designed for Live with good, AFFORDABLE worldwide distribution. Is there no chance of Faderfox partnering with another manufacturer to make these units more readily available and less expensive? This just seems like a tremendously inefficient and ineffective way to market a product.

Can anybody recommend some good, reliable MIDI controllers to use with Live that are more reasonably priced?

DeadlyKungFu

Post by DeadlyKungFu » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:30 pm

$350!! Someone in their marketing dept really screwed the pooch on that decision. My Novation SL25 was only $75 more than that.

I have a BCR2000, got it for $120 at Banjo Center, best bang for the buck of all my gear.

Just got a Novation SL25, loving it.

There's tons of threads on controllers, lots of options and there's no right solution for everyone.

thelike5

Post by thelike5 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:54 pm

DeadlyKungFu wrote:$350!! Someone in their marketing dept really screwed the pooch on that decision. My Novation SL25 was only $75 more than that.
I'm right there with you...

Seeing that I have always loved Doepfer, and they have a place in North America that distributes for them, I'll probably buy from them... I just had hopes that i could pick up a LV for around $225ish... the Remotesl must be a lot of fun though...

thelike5

Post by thelike5 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:57 pm

And for the record, I don't mean to jump on Mathias @ Faderfox over this or to start a war, I was just disapointed by the hard mark up of 48 euros to ship a "pocket sized" controller. I've shipped a bag of records to germany for less than half of that...

Damon_Chambers

Post by Damon_Chambers » Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:23 pm

even though the faderfox is superior to comprable products, its not really at all reasonable to purchase one with these ridiculous shipping prices. id get something else for sure. :(

robin

Post by robin » Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:41 pm

Wah wah wah.

Do you realise how much more Europeans pay for pretty much anything compared to Americans.

Choose pretty much any gear and it'll cost way more over here compared to the states. Even Ableton charges the same in Euros as the US dollar price a lot of the time even though the Euro is much stronger than the dollar.

I think the Faderfox prices are reasonable. (it costs 20 euro to get one from Germany to the UK, 48 ain't so bad).

...and I can certainly vouch for how brilliant these controllers are.

acileli

Post by acileli » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:13 pm

I wouldn't mind having several of those if I had the cash, but I guess it wasn't meant to be...

but I'm inspired now to look into making my own midi interface...some of these are excellent.

http://www.ucapps.de/midibox_gallery.html

HD1

Post by HD1 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:52 pm

the fader foxes aint exactly cheap over here in europe, but they are worth it. I dont really get it when you say its the delivery charge that you find offensive.....so you mean if it were $320 all inclusive that would be fine?...when you are spending that much money does $30 really tip the scale? Better more money is spent making sure you get your product in good condition, or perhaps its some tax issue bumping the charge. Not to mention all these faderfoxes are almost certainly going to be collectable in the future, providing of course the world isnt sleeping under a thermo nuclear blanket and man can still persue hobbies instead of being relegated as a hunter/gatherer

9pod9

Post by 9pod9 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:24 pm

[quote="RopeyPunter"]the fader foxes aint exactly cheap over here in europe, but they are worth it. I dont really get it when you say its the delivery charge that you find offensive.....so you mean if it were $320 all inclusive that would be fine?...when you are spending that much money does $30 really tip the scale? Better more money is spent making sure you get your product in good condition, or perhaps its some tax issue bumping the charge. Not to mention all these faderfoxes are almost certainly going to be collectable in the future, providing of course the world isnt sleeping under a thermo nuclear blanket and man can still persue hobbies instead of being relegated as a hunter/gatherer[/quote]

I can't speak for anyone else, but for me personally, it's not just the shipping cost, but the unit cost as well, and the stupid Paypal surcharge. I'd been planning on getting the LV2, LX2, and maybe the aluminum case, figuring I'd spend in the neighborhood of $500-$600 on the deal. But combining the cost of the two units, with the storage case, the cables, the shipping, and a 10 Euro per unit additional charge for using Paypal, and the whole deal costs well over $800.

If it were just a matter of an extra $30 shipping per unit, I could swallow that. But for me, every component of the deal costs more than I'm willing to pay, particularly in light of the fact that there are Live-compatible MIDI controllers that I can get for less than $200, shipping included. The cost/benefit ratio is the ultimate tipping point.

Question for Mathias: have you looked into partnering with another company to coproduce your products so you can bring down your per-unit cost and improve your distribution?

elemental

Post by elemental » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:30 pm

acileli wrote:I wouldn't mind having several of those if I had the cash, but I guess it wasn't meant to be...

but I'm inspired now to look into making my own midi interface...some of these are excellent.

http://www.ucapps.de/midibox_gallery.html
Thats the way i'm going!
There is nothing on the market that meets my needs - 12-16 channels with at least 4 pots per channel, crossfader, scene select/start, clip start/stop/mute/solo. So time to go DIY.

mrweasel

Post by mrweasel » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:20 pm

it's probably going to cost you a lot of money to build your own controller, without even mentioning the time spent wrecking your head trying to build it, waiting for such and such part etc.

I'll be playing music during this time 8)