cant seem to record my guitar

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
ruzz

cant seem to record my guitar

Post by ruzz » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:15 am

Hi all,

I have everything installed and I am starting to navigate the software but when I try to record my guitar track it does not seem to take the recording. I have tried the global record button, the record button in the individual session and tried to record throught the arrangement section. Any thoughts.

I am getting sound through the software with the monitor button pushed. I am using an m-audio black box as my interface but the box seems passive when hooked into by computer using a USB and going into Ableton. No effects or amp modeling seems to make it way into the software. Any thoughts as to why this is happening and how I can change it?

I am new so I apologize if these questions seem remedial in nature.

Thanks,
Ross

amo

Post by amo » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:28 am

Hi,

If I understand well, you're getting sound in the track with the monitor set to on, but you can't record into the track ?
Did you arm the track for recording (red button close to the volume fader) ?

Best,
amo
Live 5.0.3 - IBM Thinkpad R51 1.5ghz Centrino - 1,5 Go RAM - 7200 RPM 2nd HDD intern - RME Multiface - Windows XP Pro SP2

ruzz

Post by ruzz » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:25 pm

Yes, I do arm the track. Then then the levels turn red, like it is working. Once I stop recording I can't seem to play it back.

Ross[/list]

amo

Post by amo » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:51 pm

ruzz wrote:Yes, I do arm the track. Then then the levels turn red, like it is working. Once I stop recording I can't seem to play it back.

Ross[/list]
Do you leave the monitor to "on" after recording ? because you'll only be able to hear the recorded clip if monitor is set to "auto" or "off".
The "auto" mode is convenient cause it allows you to monitor the input if the track is armed, and also to hear what has been recorded.

Hope that helps,

amo
Live 5.0.3 - IBM Thinkpad R51 1.5ghz Centrino - 1,5 Go RAM - 7200 RPM 2nd HDD intern - RME Multiface - Windows XP Pro SP2

ruzz

Post by ruzz » Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:58 am

OK. I tried turning the monitor switch off after I appear to be recording and still cant find the recorded track for playback. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Ross

Amaury

Post by Amaury » Sat May 13, 2006 3:02 pm

Hello Ruzz,

Did you actually record a clip, by clicking one of the little clip cells in the session view? Those turn to have a little "record" circle instead of the little "stop" square, once the track is armed.

Kind regards,

Amaury
Ableton Product Team