Audio Disabled...

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
mcbv

Audio Disabled...

Post by mcbv » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:12 am

I've just installed the Live Digidesign edition 2.1 on my PC, and rebooted. I go to Options-Preferences-Audio, and it says: "Device Type: No Audio"
Does anyone have any suggestions how I might proceed?... Thanks

(I am trying to use the software (Ableton) without it as a slave to my Pro Tools. I have yet to use it with or without).

Amaury

Post by Amaury » Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:38 am

Hi,

If you click the drop-down menu in the Audio Preferences, you should be able to see different types of drivers, i.e. ASIO, WDM etc...
If you installed the ASIO drivers for your Digidesign product, the you can choose ASIO from the driver type drop-down, and then you Difidesign device in the Audio device drop-down.

What Digidesign hardware do you have ?

Kind regards,

a.
Ableton Product Team

mcbv

Post by mcbv » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:10 pm

Thanks for the reply...

That's the problem... when I click on preference and go to the audio tab (in Ableton) there are no device types listed.
My Reason software works great (as a slave, or stand alone), as does my Pro Tools (002r, by the way), but as of yet I have been unable to use Ableton...I wonder if my Reason software is hogging the audio somehow? I think I'll investigate that...
In the meantime, if anyone has any other suggestions, I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks...

Amaury

Post by Amaury » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:49 pm

Hi again,

Would you have Reason opened before you try to open Live by any chance ? Cause you should at least see the internal soundcard drivers (do you have one ?)

And did you or not install the ASIO drivers for the 002 ?

Best,

a.
Ableton Product Team