clips doesn`t start at the beginning of the clip when restar

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
ernest

clips doesn`t start at the beginning of the clip when restar

Post by ernest » Mon Oct 13, 2003 11:31 pm

I`ve heard that that is a pause feature, but for me it`s a bug that is annoying
and prevent fast working...

proteron

Post by proteron » Tue Oct 14, 2003 3:07 am

i agree.. was about to post on this myself. if i hit "play" i want it to work like it did in 2.12...
--
chris (proteron)

ernest

Post by ernest » Tue Oct 14, 2003 10:43 am

the "feature" was already intoduced in 2.12, but... ABLETON please change this, this "feature" is crap... so I can`t edit the loops quickly...

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 15, 2003 3:29 am

ernest wrote:the "feature" was already intoduced in 2.12, but... ABLETON please change this, this "feature" is crap... so I can`t edit the loops quickly...
i agree, or a way to turn it off.

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 15, 2003 4:28 am

i quadruple that opinion, and raise you 100. Please make it stop (or a preference menu way to turn it off for good and never have to worry about it again). At first I wanted something like that when I was just starting with Live, but now I love the way 2.0.3 was, and get freaked out whenever this "pause" or whatever occurs in 2.1.2 and 3.

proteron

Post by proteron » Sat Oct 18, 2003 1:55 pm

resurrection. this is important.

but just out of curiosity, have any of you guys written a direct email to support about this?
--
chris (proteron)

moogmini

Post by moogmini » Sat Oct 18, 2003 4:32 pm

Am I experiencing the same problem you all are describing? In rewire slave mode, Live 2.0.3 starts where the host is set to play from. In other words, If I have my host setup to return to bar 1 whenever I hit stop, Live follows and all clips start at their beginning.

In 2.1.2 and 3.0, Live seems to start playing the clips where they left off rather than where the host is starting. This results in the clips playing out of time with the host. This behavior is highly annoying and has made any Live version above 2.0.3 unusable for me. :cry:

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 18, 2003 11:48 pm

yeah its honestly unusable.

kleine

Post by kleine » Sun Oct 19, 2003 7:53 pm

Hi all,

Please have a look at this posting:

http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic. ... lip+offset

Best,
Ch. Kleine

brecht

Post by brecht » Sun Oct 19, 2003 8:59 pm

kleine wrote: Please have a look at this posting:

http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic. ... lip+offset
Does that rewire bug only occur with Digital Performer? I've never seen that behavior and have used Live via rewire with Sonar and Reason.

This "pause" feature has been severely hindering my productivity with live. I love all of the new features in v3, but I can't get anything done without total aggravation and have moved back to v2.03.

So add another voice to the chorus: "please remove this feature ASAP!"

Best Regards,
Ben

Alex

Post by Alex » Sun Oct 19, 2003 10:54 pm

Hi all,

concerning the clip start issue you should read the posting from Bernd in this thread: http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4107

Beside that it's the first time I heard this is would be a "Pause" feature :). It has nothing to do with "Pause". The basic idea is just to keep the start time offsets of fired clips, even after the song is stopped. We know that it's not enough because it's often somehow confusing and we want to improve it. But I also know from several users that it's definitevely not "crap".

Furthermore I can just ask you again to post a bit more detailed reports when you think you have experienced a bug. Otherwise it will result in a thread like this with at least two seperate problems.

regards,
Alex

brecht

Post by brecht » Mon Oct 20, 2003 3:20 am

Alex (and the rest of the Ableton crew),

The reason why I posted about this problem again is that I haven't found a work around to edit clips the way I used to in v2.0.3 and earlier. It's a real pain to align the warp markers when the clip keeps starting in weird places. Even though I've paid for Live 3.0, I've gone back to 2.0.3 to do the majority of my work. This is why people keep reviving posts on this matter.

It's too bad. The new features in 3.0 are otherwise fantastic.

Ben

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 20, 2003 3:36 am

yeah, I'd have to agree that this new behaviour is a problem for me too, as well as the new rec/arming behaviour--it would be nice to have a place in the preference menu for people to choose between 2.0.x behaviour of these two things (and maybe others), and the new 3.0 behavior.

Ryan

The Kooky Scientist

Post by The Kooky Scientist » Mon Oct 20, 2003 3:41 am

As I initially reported, I don't like this feature and I thought there was another thread where it was mentioned that this feature was going to either be removed or that it would be able to be switched off for Live 3. I hope it happens soon also and have faith that Ableton will get to it ASAP. It is very annoying when working on a track and you are constantly stopping and starting.

the kooky scientist

Gerhard

Post by Gerhard » Mon Oct 27, 2003 3:37 pm

Hi,

obviously this behaviour is creating a lot of problems and we will do something about it. I will save you an in-depth explanation of why this is not easy to solve ;-)

Gerhard / ableton