OT: Crappy way to End A Night of Raving

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
forge

Post by forge » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:02 am

mike holiday wrote:maybe as we are all taking a moment to remember those lost, we should remember all the kids lost at columbine as well, not to mention the many similar senseless tragedies that seem to take place

:cry:
I know it's popular in these George W Bush times to rubbish Michael Moore, but "bowling for Columbine" really makes a good point when he goes to Detroit and then goes accross the river into Canada and they dont even lock their doors - he goes into the statistics of gun murders in the US and compares it with the rest of the world and that in itself should be pretty conclusive

if you're going to allow guns on the scale the US allows, you will get these things happening.

computo

Post by computo » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:24 am

ok, first, im NOT sober, and Ive, lets say, partaken in my share of personal adventures. And I too, came out of unscathed...or so Id like to think.

But I know a couple people who didnt.

And if you think that acid and horror mix, then you have a stronger mind than most.

Now I dont know what this guy had in the back of his, nor do I know what was going on with him before hand, for all we know, he could have been on meth or PCP or ALL KINDS of whacked shit. No doubt, guns and drugs dont mix either, but damn, drugs, guns, zombies, is this real life, or fucking Evil Dead?

Sorry, you can profess the wonders of e and psychedelics all you want, but Ive seen people go off the edge and not come back, and its no joke. Im not making judgment yet, I dont know the whole story, but Im eager to find out.

DeadlyKungFu

Post by DeadlyKungFu » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:31 am

forge wrote:
mike holiday wrote:maybe as we are all taking a moment to remember those lost.
if you're going to allow guns on the scale the US allows, you will get these things happening.
It's truly amazing to hear from so many people from around the globe on this forum, I'm truly ashamed for my country's behavior of late but in the end I find we all agree on the same basic viewpoints, party on, be excellent to each other.
Stay the course, keep your head up, the world is getting smaller, let's do what we can to represent the positive and move forward. It's sickening how party people are simplified. Don't let them get you down.

Pour a cap out for the fallen ones they'd want the parties to continue, for real.

computo

Post by computo » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:40 am

see bill and ted didnt need zombie masks or shotguns to party.

just air guitars and WAY to much acid...

LOFA

Post by LOFA » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:45 am

The whole fear of dead things seems to be a common denominator among bad trips from what I've heared but I've never had one. It seems like this guy really just wanted to get laid and ended up extending his manhood in more inappropriate ways. In some ways you could argue that the US's current political leader is doing the same thing, but it all comes down to accusations.

For what it is worth I feel this clearly implicates the mindset of NRA friendly neanderthals and in no way reflects the influence of marijuana on anyone.

They say that the poles will melt by 2060. Were all fucked anyway.

D DAS

Post by D DAS » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:44 am

EMERGENCY ON PLANET EARTH

hambone1

Post by hambone1 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:20 am

This is just another reason why I choose not to live in the US any more.

It's embarassing, humiliating, and I'm actually ashamed to let anyone know I'm American.

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:19 am

hambone1 wrote:This is just another reason why I choose not to live in the US any more.

It's embarassing, humiliating, and I'm actually ashamed to let anyone know I'm American.
your accent says a thousand words bro! :D
:D:D:D

mike holiday

Post by mike holiday » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:47 am

computo you are the last one i would expect prejudging the whole situation..
you start'n to sound like a republican.

the dead did lots of acid and had skulls everywhere...
i'v never seen marlin manson...but that shock image is old old old...

drugs are a problem, and they are everywhere, but i don't think thats the root of the issue with violence in america

man i tried to run away, just went north...got pretty far away, but ohh its to isolated up here
dual 1.8 G4 10.4.9 w/768 ram & A&H xone 3D

"I ain't often right but I've never been wrong"

forge

Post by forge » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:56 am

DeadlyKungFu wrote:
forge wrote:
mike holiday wrote:maybe as we are all taking a moment to remember those lost.
It's truly amazing to hear from so many people from around the globe on this forum, I'm truly ashamed for my country's behavior of late but in the end I find we all agree on the same basic viewpoints, party on, be excellent to each other.
Stay the course, keep your head up, the world is getting smaller, let's do what we can to represent the positive and move forward. It's sickening how party people are simplified. Don't let them get you down.

Pour a cap out for the fallen ones they'd want the parties to continue, for real.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"where did you say those girls are from?"

"they're from medievil England....Uh...Medievil England, Iowa"

Benshik

Post by Benshik » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:46 pm

Chris J wrote:
err_fatale wrote:Just more proof that the USA sucks.

Where else would some bullshit like that happen (besides Iraq or Israel)???
well, err Africa, Brazil, Russia, Philippines , fuck it the list is too long...
complex-ridden boys are generally the most dangerous types. They have something to prove to their friends, or they are moved by some sick self-destructive pulsions. Honestly I see these types much more in "free" countries like Canada or America... coz there we dont really know what real violence is. We first know it from the tv and video games...

Here in Moscow you just CAN'T fool around and play the bad boy like that coz
1- someone will quickly teach u what a real bad boy is
2- even buyin a cappuccino requires you passin thru a metal detector :wink:

Ben
Macbook 2.2ghz, OS 10.5.2, Focusrite Saffire, Microkontrol, Lemur

louZ

Post by louZ » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:19 pm

forge wrote:
mike holiday wrote:maybe as we are all taking a moment to remember those lost, we should remember all the kids lost at columbine as well, not to mention the many similar senseless tragedies that seem to take place

:cry:
I know it's popular in these George W Bush times to rubbish Michael Moore, but "bowling for Columbine" really makes a good point when he goes to Detroit and then goes accross the river into Canada and they dont even lock their doors - he goes into the statistics of gun murders in the US and compares it with the rest of the world and that in itself should be pretty conclusive

Michael Moore's point was that guns weren't the problem, but the culture of fear and violence in the US was. He gave the example of Canada, where there's just as much guns per capita, but much less killings per capita.

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:25 pm

Why all the america hating - not cool

some kids died at the hand of a crazy person - sort of happens

Lets see it for what it is a tragedy and that's it - has nothing to do with being American, Jewish or gentile - if this was the case for all american's I'd stay away from DJ DAN and Donald next time they play out - and if any Euro's think their going to see DJ SNEAK, Roger Sanchez or Jeff Mills without getting shot, think again - doh!

quit hating...

or better yet

If you don't want to be called a Negative Nancy stop it, unless you want everyone to call you negative Nancy from now on.
Ableton | Elektron

Music

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:29 pm

djadonis206 wrote:Why all the america hating - not cool

some kids died at the hand of a crazy person - sort of happens

Lets see it for what it is a tragedy and that's it - has nothing to do with being American, Jewish or gentile - if this was the case for all american's I'd stay away from DJ DAN and Donald next time they play out - and if any Euro's think their going to see DJ SNEAK, Roger Sanchez or Jeff Mills without getting shot, think again - doh!

quit hating...

or better yet

If you don't want to be called a Negative Nancy stop it, unless you want everyone to call you negative Nancy from now on.
its not america hating...
its people trying to say something is messed up in america.. nobody would bother saying anything if they didnt care...

see if the situation was say in palestine and it was a suicide bomber, people say 'theres something fucked up and fundamentally wrong with that person and that country and that race' ... but when it happens in america (all too often) people are like 'yeah well shit happens'

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:33 pm

Ok good I was about to start calling everyone Negative Nancy and no one wants to be called Negative Nancy all day :)
Ableton | Elektron

Music