Huge pot bust

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
DKushner

Post by DKushner » Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:25 am

I love smokin some high grade herb.

There was more I was going to say, but I decided that first sentance somes it all up.
I am Iron man.

DeadlyKungFu

Post by DeadlyKungFu » Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:40 am

glu wrote:All i have to say is that I have more G.A.S.on the Live forum now than ever 8O
:lol: :lol: :lol:
<HIGH five>

That hydraulic door is almost as cool as sharks with friggin' laser beams on their foreheads.

Friend of mine here in SF was growing in a rented apartment. The landlord was ready to sell so they came by to check the place out... with a lawyer and a real estate person. They came to the door with a lock on it, my friend says "sorry, can't open that one", landlord says "my building", friend says "growin dope in there, look for yourself". The lawyer chick freaks the fuck out, has the cops on the phone quicker than you can say Tommy Chong. My friend has a Cannabis Club card (San Francisco grows its own weed and there are pot clubs around town.), there wasn't anything the cops could do, they just shrugged their shoulders, laughed it off and went out to do with REAL crime. They said if they saw a scale that would be a completely different story. Weeks go by, my friend wasn't sure what was up, nothing happened. He's out of the game now, a regular job is easier and he has a Cannabis card. I love this town. It's also illeagal to drug test in SF and Oakland unless you work in the shipping industries, I saw that on the television.

HD1

Post by HD1 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:32 pm

a canabis card ?hehe....i suppose you have to be a longterm citizen with glaucoma to get one ?
bing bing!

pax

Post by pax » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:41 pm

lola wrote: I don't understand, just legalize pot.
Why would they ever have legalized Alcohol then?
That's a hard drug.
How did the banking system react on that fact ?:D
There's some evidence that one of the reasons that prohibition ended was that we were in a depression and it was seen as a way to develop tax revenue and get industry moving again.

HD1

Post by HD1 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:46 pm

there's also evidence to suggest marijuana was illegalized in the US so they could arrest and deport brown people
bing bing!

ILTK

Post by ILTK » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:57 pm

Read this little cartoon lots of good info about why cannabis became illigal due to rasism, greed and politics.

http://www.adrugwarcarol.com/index.html

forgie

Post by forgie » Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:16 pm

D DAS wrote:edit: make that all plants and fungi are legal
And a big hello to our friends of the genus Psilocybe!

HD1

Post by HD1 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:23 pm

i read in the guardian some time ago that mushroom spores have been found on meteors, kind of like intergalactic sperm hitting earth, the egg, ....I like this idea. You could also look at them as aliens and when we eat them we communicate with them.....where mysticism meets science I guess
bing bing!

drumroll57

Post by drumroll57 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:45 pm

Peter Doubt wrote: since becoming sober, I have much more creative energy, can think alot clearer, and get alot more done than I ever have before.
Yes, I do very, very much agree with you.

With the economic situation being the way it is in the music biz, and it being so difficult to make ends meet, I find it sometimes ironic that my talented competition decides to dumb themselves down and give me a chance to shine.

Hey, whatever it takes, right? (giggle)

D.
stay groovy!

pax

Post by pax » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:06 pm

Hard to say,

Bob Marley. Jimmy Hendrix, Miles Davis, Jim Morrison all were pretty talented on massive quantities of illegal substances...

That said, these are different times. There isn't really a music scene now like there was then. I think it takes a different set of talents then it did then, unless you are 16 ... then by all means go for it.

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:37 pm

pax wrote:Hard to say,

Bob Marley. Jimmy Hendrix, Miles Davis, Jim Morrison all were pretty talented on massive quantities of illegal substances...

That said, these are different times. There isn't really a music scene now like there was then. I think it takes a different set of talents then it did then, unless you are 16 ... then by all means go for it.
a very important argument i heard was that due to modern growing techniques the stuff we get now is so much more potent (way much more) than the stuff jim and jimmy used to smoke...

computo

Post by computo » Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:13 pm

RopeyPunter wrote:i read in the guardian some time ago that mushroom spores have been found on meteors, kind of like intergalactic sperm hitting earth, the egg, ....I like this idea. You could also look at them as aliens and when we eat them we communicate with them.....where mysticism meets science I guess
No wonder you question the Nazi UFO topic. It would destroy everything that you hold close. HAHAHA. Alien sperm... Im dying over here!!!

lola

Post by lola » Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:19 pm

sweetjesus wrote:

a very important argument i heard was that due to modern growing techniques the stuff we get now is so much more potent (way much more) than the stuff jim and jimmy used to smoke...
I can confirm that.
Also a fact is, that they use chemicals like hair spray, to get the effect of more THC. good weed can be tested by stickiness.
Another fact is, that if u smoke hashes, is that u realy smoke leftovers from weed, like everything but the potential ingredient of the plant, leeves and such, this is pulvered and mixed with hash oil, or somtimes even cartires,goatgreese just to make it compact.

Also a fact is, that smoking pot kills the process of dreaming.
Dreams are nessecary to handle your daily observations and routines.
IF u smoke on a regular basis, this process could turn against your psyche.
Wich can develop a psychose, or worse skizophrenia.

computo

Post by computo » Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:21 pm

sweetjesus wrote:

That is DEFINETLY true. I refer you to the book Botany of Desire, by Michael Pollan (no joke). It goes into depth about plants that have used man's desire for them, to evolve and thrive as a species, pot being a GREAT example.

forge

Post by forge » Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:22 pm

sweetjesus wrote:

yeah, I remember listening to a special on triple Js morning show about 10 years ago talking about it and then they had actually worked out that in the 70s the average THC content was something like 4 percent, while at the time of the program Hydro or skunk was more like 40% - that's ten times!

I've often thought how great it would be if you could isolate the componant that makes music more intense and pleasurable and just use that as drops for under the tongue or something and do away with all the shit that makes you lazy and paranoid - it's a double edged sword where you can get really inspired by the music but too sluggish to do anything about it