acid 6 out

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
abletoff

acid 6 out

Post by abletoff » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:20 pm

trial download on the right
been playing with it in the morning, seems nice
Live 9 Suite, audio trackles (several audio tracks that crackle)

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:24 pm

hmm, not really used Acid since a loooong time ago.

but I was suprised to see it has a few decent features that we don't have, also that it is quite a bit cheaper.

I may even try the demo at some point.
I still hate their interface though, they need to sort that out

blastique

Post by blastique » Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:35 pm

omg omg omg

hehehe Been waiting for this for a while
There's always a place for acid in my heart

:D

Abletoff, how is the in track midi editing? Does it live up to the expectations (of it being much better than before...)

And does it still feel zippy compared to v5? Downloading the trial now but I'm on a shitty connection so it's gonna be a while.
milehighsounds.com | blastique.com
Ableton Certified Trainer
Malaysia

soundcloud.com/blastique

metaforensics

Post by metaforensics » Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:17 pm

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..I'll wait a couple of months and see what bugs pop off, and then cop it....Acid Pro 5 is great (for myself atleast), now that this can multi track its on....

abletoff

Post by abletoff » Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:29 pm

still testing it with audio but midi seems nice and definitely improved in many respects.
Live 9 Suite, audio trackles (several audio tracks that crackle)

Liam

Upgrade cost

Post by Liam » Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:52 pm

I'm buying Acid Pro 5 again as it qualifies for a free upgrade to AP6 for the same price as just an upgrade by itself.

$199 from Digitraxx.com

The cost of their upgrade has jumped from $149 to $199 which is a big jump.

metaforensics

Post by metaforensics » Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:04 pm

If your upgrading from any version of Acid pro its only $130 ..Check this link out..The upgrade from this place is only $100 until the end of April..

http://www.sharbor.com/products/SFON0255016.html

atmofunk

Post by atmofunk » Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:29 pm

w00t!
http://mixlogistics.com | http://www.myspace.com/mixlogistics | Live 6.0.3 | Oxygen8v2 | Trigger Finger

headquest

Post by headquest » Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:46 am

Amazed looking at the screenshots ... Acid looks very cluttered to me with all the new features (unlike the brilliant Ableton GUI), and yet with that dire colour scheme it still manages to look so much like MS Word '97 8O

So has anyone tried the demo yet - how is it for bugs?
iMac Retina 4K 3.3Ghz i7, 16Gb RAM
Live Suite 9.7.1 + Reason 9.1 + Pianoteq 5 + Sibelius 8.5

Listen on Soundcloud

ilia

Post by ilia » Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:14 am

Cool.
Except it needs DirectX 9, I remember installing it and having some problems afterwards. Don't recall what it was (I think some video stuff), but it took quite a bit of effort to roll back... What's your experience?

Krugger

Post by Krugger » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:11 am

I couldn't get my mackie universal to work

recognises it, my mackie lcd display Acid Pro 6 bla bla, but then nothing. Cant control the thing and no feedback too.

tried a few times, got bored, uninstalled.

metaforensics

Post by metaforensics » Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:36 pm

Same Acid interface...Everything worked fine for me..All my songs loaded fine from pro 5...All my Vsts loaded up without a hitch..Rewire worked..I haven't noticed anything yet...

Liam

Post by Liam » Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:55 pm

Got the update for $99 after all.

Recording audio and midi is improved.

AP6 seems to ignore whatever vst caused AP5 to hang up or abort loading (unless I changed the name of the default folder etc).

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:41 pm

After playing with the demo for a day, I have to say that I can't live without Live. I love how you can take Acid's load up to 80-90% CPU and the graphics don't get hung up. However, it just doesn't have some of the VST features that I need to have.

Mainly, that VSTis that output midi, like Chordspace; sending midi to a plugin; routing one audio channel into another (not just bussing); and routing audio to a channel's vst insert for true side-chaining (although several workarounds exist in Acid). Of course, none of this includes Live's very unique clip and performance features, which are non-existent in Acid...but I'm speaking now of purely production features that I just gotto have. Also, I forgot to mention that I can't stand the gap in audio when I insert a plugin...why is Live the only app that can do that well?

Overall, I feel that if Live were to have the graphics efficiency of Acid as well as its automation curves, then I'd be pretty happy. However, for the features above, I just can't see introducing Acid 6 into my workflow. The new midi features are pretty nice in AP6 as well, but I still can get over the fact that there is no easy way to draw smooth velocity ramps...what up with that? I think both AP6 and Live should take lessons on midi implementation from FL Studio.

Anyways, my two cents. Feel free to disagree.

ILTK

Post by ILTK » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:47 pm

nebulae wrote:Mainly, that VSTis that output midi, like Chordspace; sending midi to a plugin; routing one audio channel into another (not just bussing); and routing audio to a channel's vst insert for true side-chaining
TOILETFLUSH.WAV

btw, does it still install a freakin SQL server for it's 'media manager'?

Biggest wtf ever when I installed v.5, all of a sudden I had an SQL server running, who was the braniac that came up with that bright idea?