MackieControl emulator for BCR2000!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
emptypond

Post by emptypond » Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:37 am

anyone able to provide some guidance as to how i can change the resolution of the knobs on a non bcr2000 device to control the v-pots correctly? any help is appreciated, thx :?

Liam

Can't load the sys file permanently.

Post by Liam » Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:23 pm

Hi, I can get the sys file to load into the BCR2000 (having pressed Store) but it does not remain there. I press Exit after the download but it does not stay in the BCR memory.

I used Preset slot 15

Once downloaded many of the lights are on and the LED display is active during the download. If I change Presets and then go back to Preset 15 there is no light activity at all.

I have to use SONAR to send the sys file. That is not a problem. It works as far as Sonar is concerned.

Any idea what the problem might be?

Regards,

mike holiday

Post by mike holiday » Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:49 pm

mike holiday wrote:DaShit Is Here Clik Me

you'll find sysex files in that folder to store presets that overwrite the BCR's system buttons (which have been overwritten) they are numbered
dual 1.8 G4 10.4.9 w/768 ram & A&H xone 3D

"I ain't often right but I've never been wrong"

Liam

Post by Liam » Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:52 pm

Still no luck with these files.

I uploaded all thre files from that zip folder.

The BCR2000 stubbornly refuses to keep the preset in memory.

I push Store before starting upload and after? No Exit required?

I suppose I could leave the thing switched on though I would like to get the BCR working fully as it should.

Everything seems to be right except the storing of the preset.

Do others still have the same problem?

My BCR is on Version 1.10

DeadlyKungFu

Post by DeadlyKungFu » Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:00 pm

I uploaded the Mackie Mode files last night with MIDI OX, never used that program before, very low level but suprisingly easy to use.

I loaded the Live preset into 20, the addition to preset 21.

Preset 20 has no lights, Preset 21 has lights, neither effect the BCR. I was too bagged last night to debug it.

Either way, the presets seemed to be saved.

I'm still not convinced this is better than cooking up your own presets, I read the 'manual' of what's being controlled, it's cool, but I have at least that much control already. I gotta try it to see how the other half lives.

Liam

Post by Liam » Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:10 pm

So the file is stored but there are no lights? That has caused me a good deal of trouble. After changing from the uploaded preset to another then back I expected to see the same light patterns as befoire I changed the preset.

How silly.

I was using SONAR to upload the preset file and did not try running Live to see if the preset worked. Damn.

Daduk

Post by Daduk » Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:44 pm

Thanks for the sysex files mike holiday!

Now in order to get the sysex on my bcr, do I have to push store or something before sending the sysex file?

I want the bcr to receive it on Preset 20.

I use midi-ox for it.

Anyone?

DeadlyKungFu

Post by DeadlyKungFu » Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:48 pm

Daduk wrote:Thanks for the sysex files mike holiday!

Now in order to get the sysex on my bcr, do I have to push store or something before sending the sysex file?

I want the bcr to receive it on Preset 20.

I use midi-ox for it.

Anyone?
I did this last night. Put the BCR onto the preset, get MIDI OX to recognise the BCR (a devices menu), load the sysex file and just squirt it into the BCR. The BCR will do the light dance as it gets the file and I believe it saves it off too.

Daduk

Post by Daduk » Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:13 pm

When I squirt the MCU3Live sysex file, I see mid is coming into the BCR but NO light dance, just an indication that midi is coming in.

My BCR is in operating mode 3, does that matter?

And do I have to squirt all of the three files to my BCR, when it works:)?

DeadlyKungFu

Post by DeadlyKungFu » Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:18 pm

Daduk wrote:When I squirt the MCU3Live sysex file, I see mid is coming into the BCR but NO light dance, just an indication that midi is coming in.

My BCR is in operating mode 3, does that matter?

And do I have to squirt all of the three files to my BCR, when it works:)?
I wasn't able to get mine to work. The light dance I referred to is the numeric display scrolling around.

One the first preset (MCU3Live, I think) no LEDs lit up, on the second file, called 'addition' or something like that, the LEDs worked, but neither could affect Live.

I dunno man, I'm in the same boat.

Daduk

Post by Daduk » Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:23 pm

At least you live in San Francisco :P

I'll let you know if i know more.

ciao

anti-banausic

Post by anti-banausic » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:04 pm

Ok, so you guys have the sysex files right? Have you gotten the BCedit thing to work? This makes it a little easier, otherwise use midiOX (PC), sysex librarian (MAC).

I believe that people were having trouble with the BCR2000 in U-3, I think I was encountering some problems as well, so best to use U-1. I know that this kills routing any other midi device through the BCR, but MIDI-USB things are cheap, or route through another (UC33e here).

Ok, so pick an empty preset....then you have to make sure that your sysex program on the computer sees the BCR2000. After that, you have to hit the store button once on the BCR. Then send the sysex (this is all if you are using midiOX, which was my first attempt). If you are using the BCedit, you just have to import the sysex file, there is a tab under the preset box for this...then save the preset to an empty preset on the BCR.

I never figured out how to save without getting the BCedit program to work, so here is what I did to get that going.

You download the program from the Behringer website....the RAR (Zip) file will contain a .ico file, and a .jar file. Bring these to your desktop....

Now, it seems that the program A) needs Java runtime, B) only works under Java runtime 1.4.2. There is a link for that somewhere in this thread, and I am a little lazy to find it. Once you have installed that Java runtime, then double click on the .jar file, and BCedit should boot up. Then it's a simple import sysex, save to empty preset.

Furthermore, huskervu is quite simply very needed to get the full potential out of this mackie emulation as it will give you the LCD readouts on your computer screen. To do this, you have to install some network something or other from Microsoft. And then follow the link that is provided again somewhere in this thread. YOu will need midiYoke, which you can get at the same website that you got midiOX. It is all quite fantastic.

Good luck.
Cheers,
AB
Macbook c2d 2.0, 2G RAM, 160G HD 5400 RPM, OSX(10.5.5), XP Home, LIVE6, BCR 2000, UC33e, Yamaha P-200, Logic Studio, KRK V6 II

Liam

Post by Liam » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:59 pm

I have Java 2 runtime installed SE v1.4.2_03

as well as

Runtime 5 Update 6

Would this cuse a problem.

BCEdit seems to work and finds the BCR2000 with ID 1 but only through midi
S4

I can import the files but they do not seem to actually get to the BCR2000 - it says something about Do you want to send this file to the controller Temp area.

Using SONAR I can send the files and the BCR lights up as the files arrive BUT I can't seem to Store them permanently.

Surely Behringer can fix this.

DeadlyKungFu

Post by DeadlyKungFu » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:16 am

Liam wrote:Surely Behringer can fix this.
Don't count on it, the editor is still at Beta and only seems to work on half of our collective systems. I seriously doubt Behringer will EVER release any more software, units are selling without it.

anti-banausic

Post by anti-banausic » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:34 am

This may be stupid, but do you have the latest drivers? I was a bit non-plussed in the beginning because I thought it might be plug and play, but had to get the drivers. Make sure you have 1.1.1.1

Those seem to work well here.

Sorry, can't be too much more help.
Macbook c2d 2.0, 2G RAM, 160G HD 5400 RPM, OSX(10.5.5), XP Home, LIVE6, BCR 2000, UC33e, Yamaha P-200, Logic Studio, KRK V6 II