problems on midi in in FW 410

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
deckme(N)tal

problems on midi in in FW 410

Post by deckme(N)tal » Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:18 am

Hello,
I have got a M-audio 410 on pc and it works fine.
I have an oxigen 8 and a Trigger Finger installed through USB and they can send midi...i work with them in live, no problem.
I bought an MPC, i connected it through a midi cable to MIDI IN in the FW 410, followed all the instructions in the MPC manual. so it can send midi infos...but hothing happens..i have checked all the connections and i am sure the MPC is fine and setted the right way.
BUT i know that Windows can handle only a certain amounts of midi devices..can be this the problem?
Anyone has gone throughj this?
Thanks a lot! :wink:

Tim York

Post by Tim York » Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:44 am

Hi

I had lots of problems with the midi on my FW410. In the end I bought a separate midi interface for £45 (emagic MT4 - though this may not be your best choice as I'm on a Mac). Since installing the MT4 things have been great, though I did need to get the latest driver). With the FW410's midi I'd get notes dropping out and every week or so the FW410 would kind of freeze and I'd have to re-install the software. Things were OK when my system was very simple - just a laptop and one midi controller, but as soon as I added V Drums going in/out to to/from the FW410 the problems started.
I also found the midi pretty terrible on my other audio interface - Digi001. I don't know if this is a general thing with audio interfaces and midi, or not, but in both cases a separate midi interface solved the problem.

deckme(N)tal

Post by deckme(N)tal » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:44 am

hello, thanks for your help...but the problem is that my 410 does not recognize any midi coming from midi in....but it recognizes all the other devices plugged through usb...
anyone?
:cry:

peeddrroo

Post by peeddrroo » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:51 am

i had exactly the same prob 2 days ago when i tried to connect a midi keyboard to the FW410 midi in port.
nothing haappened at all.
i have checked with midi-ox to see what signal was coming in, and it showed no activity at all.
plugged the same midi keyboard in the midi in port of another device (PCR M-30), and it was fine.

i remember to have used the midi in port of the FW410 some time ago, and it worked ok.
and they didn't put a midi activity light on their interface. bugger.

so, no solution for you, but you're not the only one....

deckme(N)tal

Post by deckme(N)tal » Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:01 am

yesterday i plugged my mpc and FW 410 and midi in is working :lol: :roll: ...i hope is gonna last...uh...i dunno...!