MackieControl emulator for BCR2000!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Liam

Post by Liam » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:24 am

I do have the latest midi driver 1.1.1.1

Also the latest version for the BCR2000 1.10

mike holiday

Post by mike holiday » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:29 am

Daduk wrote:When I squirt the MCU3Live sysex file, I see mid is coming into the BCR but NO light dance, just an indication that midi is coming in.

My BCR is in operating mode 3, does that matter?

And do I have to squirt all of the three files to my BCR, when it works:)?

make sure the bcr id is 1

"ID1" go into system mode on BCR (push store and edit together at the same time, then push the encoder labeld "VAL 2"

This will not save automatically, you need to send the save file as well
and the save file needs to corrispond with the preset
note: some of the store files don't work so that might be your problem if you can't get it saved on the preset you are useing

but i think D K FU is right that the presets are kinda bulky

i'v made my own hybrid bcr template where some things work without assignments and others work with assignment

good luck
dual 1.8 G4 10.4.9 w/768 ram & A&H xone 3D

"I ain't often right but I've never been wrong"

Liam

Post by Liam » Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:38 pm

The Save file needs to corresopond with the Preset number.

I missed this point.

About to try it again now that this step has sunk in.

Liam

Post by Liam » Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:57 pm

No different.

pulsoc

Post by pulsoc » Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:02 pm

Any thought on putting together documentation for morons? Cause I got the stuff loaded, can figure out the encoder groups. But I am lost in trying to control effects etc.

Anybody willing to field a phone call? This seems like way too powerful a tool for me to not have mastery over!

pulsoc

Post by pulsoc » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:36 pm

Ok this is officially now killing me. Can't figure out how to change banks, on one preset I flipped and can control ONE parameter on my auto-filter but that's it, and can't switch to different effects. In short, I am very confused. I will now go sob quietly to myself until someone helps me out.

emptypond

Post by emptypond » Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:53 am

help! :o

on page http://www.geocities.jp/mackicrokontrol ... live5.html

3. If you want to save it,see here <-- link is dead

i would surely like to know how to save using mixi-ox as i get timeout errors on bc-edit, can someone help? :?:

timothyallan

Post by timothyallan » Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:13 am

I was getting timeout errors on BCEdit as well... until I downgraded my JRE from 1.5 something to 1.4.2 as mentioned previously on this thread (I think)... now it works like a treat.

emptypond

Post by emptypond » Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:40 am

thx, that worked, one more thing,
noticed you can edit the resolutions to make the encoders speed up when turning faster, this doesnt seem to affect the top ones (v-pots) any way to speed those up, or is everyone using them like this? really slow :?:

i realize i can 'flip' and use the faster ones, but that defeats the purpose as i dont get any output on huskervu about the changing parameters

eXist

Post by eXist » Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:22 am

THX so much. This id super cool settings!!! 8)

cashman

Post by cashman » Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:37 pm

pulsoc wrote:Any thought on putting together documentation for morons?
I'll second that! :wink:

I bought a BCR2000 today to take advantage of the benefits it apparently offers the LiveDJ (I'm starting out) but am lost, as I know nothing about MIDI and can't really understand the explanation that is given in the BCR Owner's Manual. To be honest, it's not really my thing anyway, I'm no rocket scientist. I am not asking for someone to do the work for me, but would really appreciate some guidance with this - I have a great piece of kit (by all accounts), but don't know how to get the most out of it. :cry:

I have upgraded to vi.1.0.1 firmware and loaded MCE3Live.syx into preset 14 with Elektron's C6 program on MacOSX, and followed Namihei's tutorial on how to set up Live 5 (step 2 - midi settings). But I'm doing omething wrong, as I cannot control anything in Live on that (Mackie?) preset and some of the LEDs seem to be stuck on particular settings and moving on their own accord (unless my tired eyes are tricking me) when I play a track.

Any walk throughs around?
cheers,
c

I'm off to get some chips!
Nearly a DJ
---
Mac PB G4, 1.67Ghz, 1.5Gb/ BCR2000/ EKS XP10/ Akai EWI 4000s/ Korg EMX1/ Saffire LE/ gemini PS-626i mixer various other musical instruments

pulsoc

Post by pulsoc » Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:48 pm

cashman wrote:
pulsoc wrote:Any thought on putting together documentation for morons?
I'll second that! :wink:

I bought a BCR2000 today to take advantage of the benefits it apparently offers the LiveDJ (I'm starting out) but am lost, as I know nothing about MIDI and can't really understand the explanation that is given in the BCR Owner's Manual. To be honest, it's not really my thing anyway, I'm no rocket scientist. I am not asking for someone to do the work for me, but would really appreciate some guidance with this - I have a great piece of kit (by all accounts), but don't know how to get the most out of it. :cry:

I have upgraded to vi.1.0.1 firmware and loaded MCE3Live.syx into preset 14 with Elektron's C6 program on MacOSX, and followed Namihei's tutorial on how to set up Live 5 (step 2 - midi settings). But I'm doing omething wrong, as I cannot control anything in Live on that (Mackie?) preset and some of the LEDs seem to be stuck on particular settings and moving on their own accord (unless my tired eyes are tricking me) when I play a track.

Any walk throughs around?
cheers,
c

I'm off to get some chips!
Cashman, I will make a little documentation when I get home. You may need to set the midi settings at the bottom of the page to "mackie-control", mid-yoke, bcr2000

cashman

Post by cashman » Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:38 am

@pulsoc - thanks very much! I have "mackie-control", bcr2000(1), bcr2000(1) on my MIDI settings page in Live, both in and out on 'remote' - that's right isn't it? At least that is what Namihei recommended.

Been playing around with it tonight after setting up map of positions of my own - great fun!

cheers,
c
Nearly a DJ
---
Mac PB G4, 1.67Ghz, 1.5Gb/ BCR2000/ EKS XP10/ Akai EWI 4000s/ Korg EMX1/ Saffire LE/ gemini PS-626i mixer various other musical instruments

pulsoc

Post by pulsoc » Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:43 am

cashman wrote:@pulsoc - thanks very much! I have "mackie-control", bcr2000(1), bcr2000(1) on my MIDI settings page in Live, both in and out on 'remote' - that's right isn't it? At least that is what Namihei recommended.

Been playing around with it tonight after setting up map of positions of my own - great fun!

cheers,
c
Actually you're right, I forgot I was chaining Huskervu in between them.

Unfortunately I don't have much knowledge about this stuff, had to call a friend to walk me through the changes I had to make.

cashman

Post by cashman » Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:48 pm

pulsoc wrote:
cashman wrote:@pulsoc - thanks very much! I have "mackie-control", bcr2000(1), bcr2000(1) on my MIDI settings page in Live, both in and out on 'remote' - that's right isn't it? At least that is what Namihei recommended.

cheers,
c
Actually you're right, I forgot I was chaining Huskervu in between them.

Unfortunately I don't have much knowledge about this stuff, had to call a friend to walk me through the changes I had to make.
I'm right? About what exactly? Thanks though.

Unfortunately, Huskervu is PC only if I'm not mistaken, so I'm out of that particular loop. I believe it is used to show which pots and buttons do what, right?
Does anyone know of a similar program for OSX?
Nearly a DJ
---