Please check out my mix!

Share your tracks with other users.
djqnrg

Please check out my mix!

Post by djqnrg » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:57 pm

it plays as soon as the page opens

www.myspace.com/qnrg

please give me your opinion as its my first remix.

djqnrg

Post by djqnrg » Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:09 pm

I have added three others

j0shu@

Post by j0shu@ » Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:09 am

i would have checked out your mix....

i wish people would post direct links. i hate myspace. its bloat kills me every time. are there not direct links from it as well?

DeadlyKungFu

Post by DeadlyKungFu » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:23 pm

Space Didge - Structurally it's great, the drums sit back too far in the mix and sound muddy. This is a good track to learn to master stuff on. The writing is done, nice one :D

Rockstar - I dunno, the tune doesn't live up to a Rockstar and it's kind of an overused sample in the song. I kept hoping the song would start kicking ass like a rock star but it just grooves along.

Dontcha Funk - Nice sounds in this one, again, I feel like the samples want the song to take off ("Hey Ladies, let's go"), but the tune is a slow groover, they contradict.

NIN Only - cool groove, again sounds mellower than the vocals call for. Towards the end they're more congruent. Conga towards the end section is hot as is a muffled kick drum.

Funny, there's so much consistency in my opinion on the instruments' energy vs. the vocals' energy it's probably a difference of style.

Good programming. It's tough to give constructive criticism when the music IS good without being a discouraging jerk. You've definitely got some good stuff, it just needs a little more time, or leave it as it is and be happy with it.