Having problems with the SL25s automapping in Live5.2?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
dpmtl

Having problems with the SL25s automapping in Live5.2?

Post by dpmtl » Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:31 pm

Just curious to know if anyone is having a similar problem to mine. I fire up live and drag a vst into the first midi channel(doesn't matter which one) and record a few notes. Automapping is working ok. It's when i add another instrument that i get the problem; i click on the second instrument and the automap changes accordingly. I record a sequence and when i'm happy with it i try to select the first vsti but the automap doesn't respond :? . It remains locked to the second vst (i know what your thinking but the lock vst button is disabled). Automap only changes when i add another vsti! But it will not allow me to select either of my first two vsts. Not much good if you ask me, i need to be able to control live sets and be the next dylan rhymes, and i can't see it happening, i cant see it happening at all :cry:

I reinstalled the drivers and ran the installer yesterday and the ReMOTE has been a lot more responsive but this has remained. I've been in touch with tech support and am waiting for a reply(... :x ...). Anyway thought i'd post on here, see if any users are having similar troubles.

Peace

tj:p
I mix my tunes with wood spoons

rikhyray

Post by rikhyray » Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:22 pm

Had it too.
however my main problem is that i cannot record anything with SL, I mean actual playing, notes get stuck, trigger late ( it is only in Live in other apps it behaves normal, except that in Reason aftertouch does not work, it does only if rewired to Live but then what is the use if the notes get stuck and nutty.... I have to use my miserable Ozonic for some more time),
Hope they will fix all these bugs soon.

HD1

Post by HD1 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:25 pm

that blows.....early adopters get fucked in the ass. They pay more, and they endure more.
bing bing!

Bong Sau

Post by Bong Sau » Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:00 pm

I have a similar probkem where the auto-mapping is erratic, sometimes updating when I click on a plug-in and sometimes not (and like you said the lock is definitely off).

I also can't get the sliders to Pick-Up in auto-map mode which is a nightmare when switching from editing send levels and main volume levels. I've checked Global & Template modes and they are both on Pick-Up.....

I've contacted Novation and await their reply.

dpmtl

Post by dpmtl » Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:17 pm

RopeyPunter wrote:that blows.....early adopters get fucked in the ass. They pay more, and they endure more.
8O

It does blow. But i can't lose cos i've got it on trial 8) . The x-station looks pretty tasty and only £70 more. What platform are you guys on and have you had any issues with other software? I took off the 5.03 update and reinstalled 5.2 but now it doesn't even automap. It seems to like the v-station template better :roll: . Is it worth installing all previous updates?

Peace

tj:p

dbolt

Post by dbolt » Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:34 pm

Yea I'm having the same problems you guys are having. I got a response back about the pick up mode not working for me with Ableton and Novation told me that it was the Abe's problem and they need to update the software to fix it. Reason works seamless for me in Automap MOde.

I guess were waiting for more updates on ABE's side and Novation.

I think us BETA testers for Novation should get a free upgrade to the SL37, since the early birds could only get the SL25's. :wink:

later
Dustin

Bong Sau

Post by Bong Sau » Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:09 pm

The issues I am having are occuring on both my Athlon 64 3200+ desktop and my iBook 1.2 G4, both of which are running Live 5.2.

Ironically I was perfectly happy with my SL when I was still using 4.1.4 along with some multi-layered templates that I had put together. Automapping was obviously a big selling point so I took the plunge with the upgrade and have not had much joy since.

I'm certainly gonna stick to my own templates when playing live for the moment but hope that whoevers issues these are (Novation or Ableton) that they get them sorted quickly. Once all the problems are ironed out the possibilites are very interesting.....

LOFA

Post by LOFA » Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:22 am

Hopefully they sort it out by friday. :? . That's when mine is due in the mail. :cry:

dpmtl

Post by dpmtl » Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:02 pm

Bong Sau wrote:I'm certainly gonna stick to my own templates when playing live for the moment but hope that whoevers issues these are (Novation or Ableton) that they get them sorted quickly. Once all the problems are ironed out the possibilites are very interesting.....
This aint what i paid £300 for! It's no good as far as i'm concerned. It's stopped working with reason! I've been checking out the x-station and it's looking like a viable alternative :wink: . Synth interface and controller? Oh yeah! :D. I'll have some of that! The synth will make most of the software i use unnecessary which i can live with(out). If i need automapping there's always the SL0. Great control surface in theory but in practise...not so.

peace

tj

dpmtl

Post by dpmtl » Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:04 pm

LOFA wrote:Hopefully they sort it out by friday. :? . That's when mine is due in the mail. :cry:
Think twice LOFA thats my advice. It could turn out to be a whadyacallit... oh yeah, a turkey :?

tj

LOFA

Post by LOFA » Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:09 pm

I waited a month. The hardware was spotty but the customer service was supposed to be good. There was no complaints about the software. But, the minute I pressed buy now- :evil:

I am so glad I bought the 25 key model now.
Last edited by LOFA on Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Groovecake

Post by Groovecake » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:51 pm

So has anyone contacted Ableton about this? I am just about ready to drop the $$ on the 37 key.
MacBook Pro 2.0 Dual, 2 Gig RAM, MOTU Ultralite, Ableton Live, Moog Voyager RME, MultiMoog, Rhodes stage 73, Hammond B-3, Hammond XK-3, Leslie 145, Yamaha Motif, Alesis Photon X-25, M-Audio Oxygen