Want to move abroad

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ilia

Re: Want to move abroad

Post by ilia » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:30 pm

Acervuli wrote: New Girls helps allot. :wink: I here they are beautiful in Spain!
I never thought I'd admit it, but New Girls can be more inspiring than a new version of Ableton Live... yeah.

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:09 pm

I'mm tell you what's cracking - Spring Time

Girls are coming out

but still I need the black hair, tan skin action only a spaniard chica has

I'm fucking going
Ableton | Elektron

Music

djshiva

Post by djshiva » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:14 pm

situations of your own making will follow you regardless of where you go. i encourage travel and seeing new places and meeting new people, but i have done my fair share of running from myself in my life, and it never works.

find yourself where you are, and you will be better off regardless of where you go.
http://www.soundcloud.com/djshiva
http://www.facebook.com/djshivamusic
http://sapphicbeats.blogspot.com

Macbook Pro Core 2 Duo / OSX / 2Gb RAM / Ableton Live 8 / Akai LPD8/LPK25

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:44 pm

Oh yeah - I agree wholeheartly and who's to say the situation I got myself into here wont happen there and I wouldn't even be able to understand them because I don't speak spanish...

I can hear it now

dj adonis, dj adonis how could you...you, como si dice "broke my heart" Usted no es bien you fucker!

Yup, right before I'm about to go at Cocoon and it's all dramatical and I never get booked again

Shiva you're right - I agree
Ableton | Elektron

Music

forge

Post by forge » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:36 pm

djadonis206 wrote:Oh yeah - I agree wholeheartly and who's to say the situation I got myself into here wont happen there ....
if only that were true, but it doesnt work like that - it creeps up on you. When you start a relationship you're both not being yourselves and you both tell each other how much better this one is than the last, then you end up exactly where you were last time.

Unless it's "the one" and you're madly in love, it's always going to become a problem, because we always end up making do out of loneliness or lust and arent totally into the person - something about them always shits you, the comination of both of you together brings out the worst in each other - basically, getting totally involved with someone who you're not totally into will end up becoming oppressive and depressing.

But who wants to hang on single for maybe decades until you just happen to meet the right one?

It's the hardest thing in the world trying to keep a relationship that isnt totally right on a level that wont get too much at some point.

We like to convince ourselves it's right for whatever reason, but reality is, it just isnt. HARSH but life.

dhilsabeck

Post by dhilsabeck » Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:00 am

get some balls and move to alaska

pax

Post by pax » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:20 am

I'd suggest Latin America, it's large... you can promote yourself as a foreign DJ, many beachfront tourist towns need DJs..

That said, it's not the 90's. Travel is hard right now, economic/political situations are tense... It's hard to get work visas without a college degree and then it's some crappy foreign corporate job or teaching english... Drama will follow you everywhere you go.

But I agree. Looking at the mass immigration protests scheduled in the states for May 1st I'd like to say more "Americans" need to protest in the form of emmigrating out of here.

Cheers

mike holiday

Post by mike holiday » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:52 am

you could run away to alaska

but damn there is so little sun even the brown girls end up pale

no joke i got me a sweet mexican mama and she's got no brown left

so in 2 weeks i'll be livin in the vally of the sun!!
dual 1.8 G4 10.4.9 w/768 ram & A&H xone 3D

"I ain't often right but I've never been wrong"

rikhyray

Post by rikhyray » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:47 am

djadonis206 wrote:Oh yeah - I agree wholeheartly and who's to say the situation I got myself into here wont happen there and I wouldn't even be able to understand them because I don't speak spanish...

I can hear it now

dj adonis, dj adonis how could you...you, como si dice "broke my heart" Usted no es bien you fucker!

Yup, right before I'm about to go at Cocoon and it's all dramatical and I never get booked again

You might be having dangerous misconseption about Latinas, "broke my heart" whinning ?????, you may rather see your PB flying through the window, Motu in the toilet or getting your d... cut off and given to the pet cat. Specially if she happens to be Cubana o Boricua.

minimal

Post by minimal » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:58 am

rikhyray wrote:
djadonis206 wrote:Oh yeah - I agree wholeheartly and who's to say the situation I got myself into here wont happen there and I wouldn't even be able to understand them because I don't speak spanish...

I can hear it now

WORD!!

You might be having dangerous misconseption about Latinas, "broke my heart" whinning ?????, you may rather see your PB flying through the window, Motu in the toilet or getting your d... cut off and given to the pet cat. Specially if she happens to be Cubana o Boricua.

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:53 pm

rikhyray wrote:
Nice!

so I figured it out - seriously. I'm currently taking night classes for Web Development at the community college but to speed the process up so I can get the fuck out of America I think I'm going ot apply for financial aid in the fall and quit my job - that way 6 quarters turns into 3

After looking for jobs all around the world (and making music) the demand seems high for Web, IT types - so if I can get that associates and learna thing or two about this information age stuff it'll be alot easier to get a job in say Spain or London - plus when it comes to C++ or whatever HTML it's the same language all around the world (correct?)

So one more summer of work, save up some chips - then dive into this school thing 110% plus making music, no djing <---when I dj I drink, when I drink I do all kinds of weird shit, when I do weird shit my life gets weird - I drop out of school, get kicked out of the house and I can kiss Spain good bye

So - that's my plan - and I'm pretty serious about becoming a citizen of where ever I land.
Ableton | Elektron

Music

sqook

Post by sqook » Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:02 pm

djadonis206 wrote:After looking for jobs all around the world (and making music) the demand seems high for Web, IT types - so if I can get that associates and learna thing or two about this information age stuff it'll be alot easier to get a job in say Spain or London - plus when it comes to C++ or whatever HTML it's the same language all around the world (correct?)
Yes and no, really. I mean, your technical skills will be applicable no matter what country you are working in, if you are truly qualified. However, adapting to the local language and work culture will still be a significant challenge.

As a few other people noted, you should definitely visit the country you want to live in before moving there. Spend a good few weeks there and consider it more of an information gathering period rather than a vacation. This will give you a much more concrete idea as to what you need to do in preparation for your move.

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:49 pm

sqook wrote:
Yes and no, really. I mean, your technical skills will be applicable no matter what country you are working in, if you are truly qualified. However, adapting to the local language and work culture will still be a significant challenge.

As a few other people noted, you should definitely visit the country you want to live in before moving there. Spend a good few weeks there and consider it more of an information gathering period rather than a vacation. This will give you a much more concrete idea as to what you need to do in preparation for your move.
I understand what your saying. I plan on saving some serious money over the summer and looking into other ways to make money with this music so I can spend a month or two next summer somewhere I might want to live
Ableton | Elektron

Music

marky

Post by marky » Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:00 pm

Montreal would be my fav place to move to. I'm in Boston just now and there's not much of a scene.

I'm European (from Glasgow, UK) but I like the weather better over here :-)
Awright Bawjaws, that smells lovely son, gies a wee taste!
--------------------------------
www.myspace.com/interposition

sqook

Post by sqook » Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:12 pm

djadonis206 wrote:
sqook wrote:

I understand what your saying. I plan on saving some serious money over the summer and looking into other ways to make money with this music so I can spend a month or two next summer somewhere I might want to live
Good plan. Best of luck. :)