OT: Mexico decriminalizes all drugs for personal use

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
computo

Post by computo » Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:02 am

<shudder>EUch!

njh

Post by njh » Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:24 am

maybe this will be a good insentive for all mexicans to STAY IN MEXICO!!!!!

computo

Post by computo » Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:00 am

this is only going to cause more of a blurring of the border, as I said. they come here, we go there...

Not a good thing.

njh

Post by njh » Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:09 am

computo wrote:this is only going to cause more of a blurring of the border, as I said. they come here, we go there...

Not a good thing.
i think its a very good reason for the US to build a wall between mexico and the US. its almost like the mexican goverment is begging us to do this.

glu

Post by glu » Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:45 am

njh wrote: i think its a very good reason for the US to build a wall between mexico and the US. its almost like the mexican goverment is begging us to do this.
you can build a wall but the problems will still pass through.

seriously, you think a wall is going to stop the problem? The population of Mexico city is multiplying like every 25 years. Lets just patch the fucking problem, its what we do best! Brilliant.
no prevailing genre of music:
http://alonetone.com/glu

computo

Post by computo » Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:17 am

yeah, more Berlin walls arent going to solve problems here or in Israel or anywhere else. Its economic growth, nationistic prosperity, widespread employment that will solve this issue, not mass deportation, or 10ft fences.

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:55 am

hi guys!

as soon as i saw this article i bought a plane ticket.

im in mexico right now, high as a fuckin kite... i just had a bump of ketamine, waiting for more crack to arrive!

fuckin love you all

sie senor.. more heroin

computo

Post by computo » Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:59 am

Yes little man, I just need a taste...

d-plate

Post by d-plate » Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:29 am

Hmmm my country (Portugal, good ole' Europe) has had this for ages. If you get searched and are found posessing drugs, if you have an ammount that is considered to be "for personal consumption" (eg enough weed or whatever to be used by u within the next week), it's not a crime.

This law has at least 3 years.

:roll:

forge

Post by forge » Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:38 pm

Under the legislation, police will not penalize people for possessing up to 5 grams of marijuana, 5 grams of opium, 25 milligrams of heroin or 500 milligrams of cocaine.
500 mg of cocaine? that's half a gram for personal use? Are mexicans all really small or something? half a gram wouldnt last the average person long....

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:46 pm

heh - I cant believe how naive some people are. mexico decriminalizes drugs and everyone's like 'woohooo yeee haw i'm movin' - not to mention the language, the economy, the gangs, and I have a hunch the folks I refer to are probably american - I got a surprise for you, you're not all that popular in mexico. haha - anyways, back to your grand delusions.

and portugal did this years ago, its only an offence to refuse rehab there. yoooo haaaa yeeee haw I'm goin to portugal yeee haw woooo

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:13 pm

Drugs are evil.
Suit #1: I mean, have you got any insight as to why a bright boy like this would jeopardize the lives of millions?
Suit #2: No, sir, he says he does this sort of thing for fun.

glu

Post by glu » Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:53 pm

b0unce wrote:heh - I cant believe how naive some people are. mexico decriminalizes drugs and everyone's like 'woohooo yeee haw i'm movin' -
I am personally happy because its one more liberal move towards international decriminilization of drugs. We need all the countries we can get, and our neighbor is definately a win.
no prevailing genre of music:
http://alonetone.com/glu

computo

Post by computo » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:35 pm

b0unce wrote:heh - I cant believe how naive some people are. mexico decriminalizes drugs and everyone's like 'woohooo yeee haw i'm movin' - not to mention the language, the economy, the gangs, and I have a hunch the folks I refer to are probably american - I got a surprise for you, you're not all that popular in mexico. haha - anyways, back to your grand delusions.

and portugal did this years ago, its only an offence to refuse rehab there. yoooo haaaa yeeee haw I'm goin to portugal yeee haw woooo
Yeah just cause the drugs you have are "legal" doesnt mean the federales arent still gonna kill your ass.

But once the country realizes the windfall profits they'll make off this, they'll welcome americans with open arms...

BTW they already do. They want what we got....Money.

Keyser Soze

Post by Keyser Soze » Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:31 pm

Just because drugs are decriminalised is no cause for celebration. At the risk of getting a lot of flack and sounding like a prude, I am against the idea of a lax attitude towards drugs.
It is a fact that people who are hooked on harder drugs started off with soft drugs. So called soft drugs are a path to "I want a higher kick" in the majority of cases. Ok granted there are a minority who only dabble on the odd occassion and to contradict myself a little, I think that is fine as long as you have the will to stick to it. But 99% of people don't have that amount of control.
Drugs will rob you of your ambition. I have seen so many people waste their talents and potential because of drugs and I am talking about soft drugs like marijuana.
Of course peple are going to argue that drugs inspire. Well most of the successful musicians of say the sixties weren't using drugs as they were trying to achieve fame and success. The drugs came after they made it. I bet that if they were into drugs while they were working for success they most likely wouldn't have got as far as they did.
Then of course there is the health issue. Mental and physical. Smoking a joint is the equivalent of smoking a packet of cigarettes and is extremely carcinogenic. But there is plenty of data on that if you can be bothered doing a Google search.
I could go on further, but I believe I have made my point.

I await the barrage of crap I expect to get, but I don't care. The facts about drugs are clear. SAY NO TO DRUGS!!!!!!!!!
Keaton always said, "I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him." Well I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me is Keyser Soze.