MackieControl emulator for BCR2000!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
cashman

Post by cashman » Mon May 01, 2006 11:15 pm

tonetripper wrote:Why when I try those links on the Macbook Pro do I get Yahoo Japan photo and all the dialogue in Japanese?
It's a glitch Apple are still working on.

:wink:

Check the thread. It's there.
Nearly a DJ
---
Mac PB G4, 1.67Ghz, 1.5Gb/ BCR2000/ EKS XP10/ Akai EWI 4000s/ Korg EMX1/ Saffire LE/ gemini PS-626i mixer various other musical instruments

tonetripper

Post by tonetripper » Tue May 02, 2006 2:07 am

Is this the link?

http://briefcase.yahoo.co.jp/bc/mackicr ... bc&.view=l

Cuz when I click it I get a japanese yahoo page.

husker

Post by husker » Tue May 02, 2006 4:10 am

Click on my WWW link to get the link...

Note that Namihei hs sold is BCR2000 and is doing other stuff these days, so don't expect a response from him.

cheers.

ciw

Post by ciw » Tue May 02, 2006 12:01 pm

cashman wrote:
However, I can't save it to the preset. Perhaps because the store key (button 53?) is disabled.
I've read that this can be overcome by using BCEdit.
Yup, BCEdit is shite. there's a link on the webpage with the emulation presets, to some magic syx files that will do the save for you.
cashman wrote: [*]What exactly do you gain by using the Mackie Emulation mode that makes it such an improvement over mapping things yourself?
for me, the fact that all the volume/pan controls are automatically mapped.
that's it really. but it's really useful, means my volumes don't get out of order when i move tracks around etc. saves a lot of time.

cashman

Post by cashman » Tue May 02, 2006 1:05 pm

ciw wrote:... there's a link on the webpage with the emulation presets, to some magic syx files that will do the save for you.
I am obviously not using the files I have downloaded correctly, I have them all, something's wrong. But perhaps you'd like to give me some names (of the .syx files) to point me in the right direction? I'm still willing to try!
ciw wrote: for me, the fact that all the volume/pan controls are automatically mapped.
that's it really. but it's really useful, means my volumes don't get out of order when i move tracks around etc. saves a lot of time.
Last night I worked out a new MIDI map which caters for 6 tracks.
Top Encoders-
Grp1 - volumes (with 'vol' Circle performance for added effect!),
Grp2 - pans (with 'pan' Circle - very cool),
Grp3 - A send,
Grp4 - B send.
The same encoder controls different parameters for the same track in different Encoder Groups - makes a lot of sense to me.

cheers,
c
Nearly a DJ
---
Mac PB G4, 1.67Ghz, 1.5Gb/ BCR2000/ EKS XP10/ Akai EWI 4000s/ Korg EMX1/ Saffire LE/ gemini PS-626i mixer various other musical instruments

spacebag

Post by spacebag » Fri May 05, 2006 11:45 am

Hi folks!

Dear husker, i very much like your work (huskervu v1.01) but sadly it is
damn unstable at least on my computer. Any chance you update yor
huskervu? If not, maybe you can share the sourcecode?

The thing is i really like the BCR2000 MCE but without any display it's nearly
useless.

Thank you in advance and all the best,
spacebag
no signature yet

spacebag

Post by spacebag » Sat May 06, 2006 7:07 pm

I decided to code my own Mackie Control Emulation dislay. I tried 4 (four !!!) differend virtual displays and all got certain problems. Ones does lock up after 0 to 30 minutes (huskervu), the other one does not start at all (wisemix.com). oh dear. all i need is a lil display that reads the sysex information provided by the host app. that can't be that much of a problem, right?!

The thing is, i really have no clue about coding. But i guess thats worth the trouble getting into it.

Can someone plz gimme some advice on how to code a little virtual display that shows sysex data? What language to use? What software do i need (free of course)? And plz dear husker, gimme some advice on how to improve ya great work. I really love it and i really need it but sadly it does not work. Plz gimme the source code. Thank you, mate.

kind regards,
spacebag
no signature yet

spacebag

Post by spacebag » Mon May 08, 2006 1:18 pm

Update: I tried huskervu 1.01 with MIDI Yoke and it worked in the way that it didn't lock up. The bad news is that the display does not update correctly as Boulderdash pointed out in his post.

So i got the choice between (A) correctly displaying the MCU display but locking up after 0 to 30 minutes or (B) not locking up but also not displaying the display content correctly. Not that satisfying.

Dear husker, or anyone else. Can someone show me please how correct this in huskervu or even show me to code a working display?
no signature yet

ciw

Post by ciw » Mon May 08, 2006 1:29 pm

cashman wrote:
ciw wrote:... there's a link on the webpage with the emulation presets, to some magic syx files that will do the save for you.
I am obviously not using the files I have downloaded correctly, I have them all, something's wrong. But perhaps you'd like to give me some names (of the .syx files) to point me in the right direction? I'm still willing to try!
from the top of this page

http://www.geocities.jp/mackicrokontrol ... live5.html

click the "store files" link and download "store" from the middle of the indecipherable (to me) Japanese ;)

unzip the zip file.

inside, there are a large number of "store files" each with a different number in the filename. sending e.g. store file #10 (i forget the real name) to the bcr, will store your current setup into preset #10.

hth

cashman

Post by cashman » Mon May 08, 2006 6:41 pm

thanks very much for the tip ciw, I'll try it tonight.
Nearly a DJ
---

husker

Post by husker » Mon May 08, 2006 8:09 pm

Hey there spacebag,

There has been reported problems on some machines with huskervu, and I even had a problem on my old laptop. My testing indicated that Live5 doesn't play all that well with MidiYoke on some machines. I can get the same behaviour without huskervu even running, feeding the sysex into midiox and monitoring it there. It is not something I can fix in huskervu sorry.

On thing you can try is using a physical midi interface and feeding out throught midi out from Live and back into huskervu using a midi cable connected to back to the input (a non-virtual virtual midi cable!)

cheeers.

apropos

Post by apropos » Tue May 09, 2006 7:16 am

I apologize in advance for my confusion, but I have a few questions about the MCE for the BCR2000.

- What are the "Store Files" for (that are linked at: http://www.geocities.jp/mackicrokontrol ... live5.html)?

- What is the function of the "Live Addon" .syx ?

- Do I need to edit the "resolution" values in a HEX editor as discussed previously in this thread?

- Can I select and open a VSTi or effect, and then edit its parameters by only using the BCR2000? If so, how...

Some kind of rudimentary "how to" documentation would really help users like me (see: clueless) to use the MCE functionality to its full capacity.
Thanks so much for everyone who has contributed to this so far!! :D

Namihei

Post by Namihei » Tue May 09, 2006 8:53 am

Hello,
What are the "Store Files" for (that are linked at: http://www.geocities.jp/mackicrokontrol ... live5.html)?
the store button has already been used.
so if your BCEdit doesn't work,it is necessary to store a preset.
What is the function of the "Live Addon" .syx ?
optional function (like marker,undo,punch in/out...)is included in "add on"
Can I select and open a VSTi or effect, and then edit its parameters by only using the BCR2000? If so, how...
Yes,of course.
press the "plug-in" button then push the V-Select (group4 encoder)
slot1 > V-select1
slot2 > V-select2...

the encoders can edit the pulg-in parameters.
huskervu or lc xview will help you very very much

apropos

Post by apropos » Tue May 09, 2006 11:41 pm

Thanks Namihei! This is a learning process for me...
Glad to see you're still around, but if I may ask, why did you sell your BCR2000?
Cheers,
apropos

Namihei

Post by Namihei » Wed May 10, 2006 2:23 am

apropos wrote:why did you sell your BCR2000?
I still believe that BCR is the best controller for Live and live performance.
but it was a little large for me.
I sold all controllers excluding iControl.
BCR,microkontrol,logic control,cs-32,uc-33...
the MIDI controllers were increased too much.
my room is very narrow!