Kontakt 2.1 - Intel Mac Compatible?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Groovecake

Kontakt 2.1 - Intel Mac Compatible?

Post by Groovecake » Tue May 02, 2006 8:34 pm

Does anyone know if the new 2.1 release of Kontakt is Intel Mac compatible? Native INstruments' website is not responding right now, so I can't check there.

Thanks!
MacBook Pro 2.0 Dual, 2 Gig RAM, MOTU Ultralite, Ableton Live, Moog Voyager RME, MultiMoog, Rhodes stage 73, Hammond B-3, Hammond XK-3, Leslie 145, Yamaha Motif, Alesis Photon X-25, M-Audio Oxygen

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Tue May 02, 2006 8:38 pm

not compatable, and not going to be compatable till 4th quarter / beginning of 2007. shady deals with microsoft...

Groovecake

Post by Groovecake » Tue May 02, 2006 8:41 pm

Wha??? Their website says 2nd quarter 2006.
MacBook Pro 2.0 Dual, 2 Gig RAM, MOTU Ultralite, Ableton Live, Moog Voyager RME, MultiMoog, Rhodes stage 73, Hammond B-3, Hammond XK-3, Leslie 145, Yamaha Motif, Alesis Photon X-25, M-Audio Oxygen

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Tue May 02, 2006 8:43 pm

not any more, change of plan..announced in a news letter.

best to just forget about it and move on...

glitchrock-buddha

Re: Kontakt 2.1 - Intel Mac Compatible?

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Tue May 02, 2006 9:11 pm

Groovecake wrote:Does anyone know if the new 2.1 release of Kontakt is Intel Mac compatible? Native INstruments' website is not responding right now, so I can't check there.

Thanks!
Nope it ain't.

2nd quarter to N.I. likely means 30/06/06 11:59:59 pm.... that's when we'll probably see it if we're lucky.

b0unce is just f*ckin' widdya I reckon.

grb
Professional Shark Jumper.

Danny Futuro

Post by Danny Futuro » Tue May 02, 2006 9:22 pm

NI is really dragging ass with this intel shit.

i'm not going to buy my macbook until Reaktor is universal.
Self-hating american.

marky

Post by marky » Wed May 03, 2006 12:02 am

NI have been dragging their arse for some time. I wouldn't buy another product from them..
Awright Bawjaws, that smells lovely son, gies a wee taste!
--------------------------------
www.myspace.com/interposition

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Wed May 03, 2006 12:14 am

eyeknow here........

native instruments is not a customer oriented company. It's a shame, they make kick ass products.

-electrik piano has been out nearly 3 years, for the last year they have been promising a bunch of updates and fixes. There are none, but if you write about it, they will say one is comming soon.

-the mentioned ASS-DRAGGING is unfortunatly the nature of the beast. We have to be at their mercy.......it's the way it is.

-we have to pay for the universal versions.......ok, I did that with ableton, but there are so many problems that need to be fixed. I can see it now....you pay for the update.......and the problems are still there!!!!!!

-The beta testing i've done (mostly released) has worked awsome! This is the most stable system I've ever worked with......so this BULLSHIT about how hard it is to port ......well.......it's bullshit. Live did it, LOGIC did it.........protools is on the way.......fuckin' A, NI can do it..........

ok, rant over.........sorry...........have a nice day :)

kenn michael

Post by kenn michael » Wed May 03, 2006 12:47 am

i agree eyeknow!

the interesting thing is as more developers continue to release UB versions, i find myself really supporting those devs that have been on the ball about getting the universal versions out...

case in point.

wave arts just released universal versions of all their plugins. i never owned a wave arts plugin, but had always thought, ah maybe later i'll get those...

they released the UB versions, i bought them. same for fabfilter. i owned fabfilter one, but not twin or volcano. they released UB versions today - i bought twin and volcano. this macbook is such an amazing setup for me that the devs who get their updates out quickly get my money.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Wed May 03, 2006 2:33 am

TOTALLY!!!!!

Oh, and those wave arts plugs are the bomb!

Actually, there is more I want to say about ub stuff.....but can't because of beta testing........

Danny Futuro

Post by Danny Futuro » Wed May 03, 2006 2:51 am

guess it looks like a lot more people are going to be learning Max/msp eh?
Self-hating american.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Wed May 03, 2006 4:06 am

Danny Futuro wrote:guess it looks like a lot more people are going to be learning Max/msp eh?
No unversal binary of Max/MSP yet from what I know, any news about it?

stinky

Post by stinky » Wed May 03, 2006 4:23 am

How bout blaming Apple, or IBM...? Intel?

Maybe the Dali Lama?

NI has got to be the largest audio software company out there.. they have a ton of products... their products are usually very large...

it's not like Apple gave anyone a heads up...

now, i'm not saying NI is the best software company out there, but you gotta give them credit where credit is do (they make kickass products) and sympathize at the enormous undertaken it has to be to provide a TESTED universal binary for their product set.. keep in mind that this stuff isn't a snap of the fingers to implement... they've got to put a portion of each department on this task, while still moving ahead with prior software timelines...

continue to buy NI, just like you would anyone else, including Ableton... just be smart about it...

BTW, when apple broke the news of their architecture change, i planned on buying a macbook pro NEXT YEAR (ie 3rd-4th quarter of 2007)

WHY? Simple:

Because an architecture change of this magnitude is definitely a tall order, and a smart person would wait and not complain that their software doesn't run properly, or there are all these bugs

2 reasons!!!!!

1) Wait until the bugs (i'm speaking mainly of hardware, but also software) are out - usually takes at least 2-3 generations of a product

2) Wait for developers to migrate your favorite apps - That's the most important reason, otherwise you're sitting there with your dick in your hand bitching about so and so company for not moving their ass fast enough when you snap your fingers

UUUHHHhhh... it's not brain surgery folks, just patience..

I can sympathize with NI, at this point, more than i can sympathize with a poor consumer choice...

Digi V

Post by Digi V » Wed May 03, 2006 4:31 am

stinks some of us couldnt wait.

im' not going to bash NI but it'd be nice if they could release reaktor some time soon.

anyone catch the new apple commercials?

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Wed May 03, 2006 5:41 am

stinky wrote:I can sympathize with NI, at this point, more than i can sympathize with a poor consumer choice...
As somebody who owns a ton of software from at least 15 different companies, I just couldn't go through the same sort of growing pains OSX had again. Sure the dual 2.5 G5 is basically the same speed as the core duo macbooks with the hack reported here, but it's stable with all my plug ins......
I'll wait until the merom chips for a laptop, and even then I might not bite.

I can do all my audio rendering on the tower, and just use the laptop for performance. :wink: